The felt face game is a homemade travel activity to make and use with your kids. These easy crafts for kids will keep them occupied for hours.
You can find this project and more kids' crafts in our free eBook, Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids!
- Card stock paper
- Draw a basic face shape, eyes, a few different noses, ears, some mouths, eyebrows, accessories like bows and flowers, maybe some glasses. I wait until I have cut out the face shape before I draw the hair. Then they will match up.
- Cut them out and then trace them onto the felt.
- Cut the felt pieces out and you're done!
- I have four boys so I didn't focus on the girls as much. You could go all out with fun girly things like earrings, girly glasses, more hair options, etc. I made my first set for a friend 7 years ago and made hair that had two pony tails. The sky is the limit!
- I store mine in a gallon sized ziplock baggie. They are great to stick in your purse and have for church, Doctor's offices, etc.
- I save the pieces I cut out of paper (the "pattern") and the scraps of felt and put them in a folder in my filing cabinet. That way if we loose an ear or mouth I can quickly make a replacement.
- Make them to look like your family members complete with Grandma and Grandpa. I was going to make some Grandpa hair but I didn't have any grey felt.
- Make some hats. A cowboy hat, fireman, etc. Or even an eye patch and bandanna. Then the people can play dress up!