Bring sunshine and smiles to any nursery or young child's room with this adorable quilt. Soft book panels are the central feature of this nursery quilt pattern.
- 1 Bazooples Day Soft Book Panel, CP 27646
- 2¾ yards Bazooples Tossed Animals, CP 27643
- 1¾ yards Bazooples Square Patch, CP 27639
- 1½ yards Bazooples Butterfly A/O, CP 27645
- Crib-size Batting
- Basic Sewing Supplies
From the Soft Book panel:
- Cut nine 7½” X 10½” rectangles, centering a design in each rectangle.
From the Tossed Animals print:
- Cut eight 2½” X Width of Fabric (WOF) strips.
- From these eight strips, cut four 2½” X 25½” strips for the horizontal sashing strips and cut six 2½” X 10½” strips for the interior vertical sashing strips and two 2½” X 38½” strips for the exterior vertical sashing strips.
- Cut five 2¼” X WOF strips for the binding.
- Use the remaining fabric for the backing – cut one 44” X 54”.
From the Square Patch print:
- Cut two 3” X 44” strips centered lengthwise over design as shown in illustration, for the inner border sides.
- Cut two 3” X 30” strips centered horizontally over design as shown in illustration, for the top and bottom inner border.
From the Butterfly A/O print:
- Cut two 3½” X 50” strips from length of fabric for the side outside borders.
- Cut two 3½” X 35” strips from length of fabric for the top and bottom outside borders.
- Starting and ending with one 7½” X 10½” Book Panel, sew together three book panels and two 2½” X10½” sashing strips to make one row. Repeat to make three pieced rows.
- Starting and ending with one 2½” X 25½” horizontal sashing strip, sew together the three pieced rows from Step 1 and four 2½” X 25½” sashing strips to make the quilt top.
- Sew one 2½” X 38½” exterior vertical sashing strip to each side of the quilt top.
- Sew one 3” X 30” Square Patch strip to the top and bottom of the quilt top.
- Sew one 3” X 44” Square Patch strip to each side of the quilt top.
- Sew one 3½” X 35” Butterfly A/O strip to the top and bottom of the quilt top.
- Sew one 3½” X 50” Butterfly A/O strip to each side of the quilt top.
- Layer, quilt and bind as desired.