Embellish fabric with a fun crystal dragonfly for a quilt, patchwork block or clothing. Everyone will appreciate this touch of sparkle, from Kandi Corp.
- Crazy-patchwork block or quilt
- 6 (10ss/3mm) hot-fix black diamond crystals for antennae
- 2 (16ss/4mm) hot-fix peridot crystals for eyes
- 15 (20ss/5mm) hot-fix amethyst crystals for body
- 42 (1 Oss/3mm) hot-fix clear crystals for wings
- Applicator wand- L'Orna Decorative Touch™ Wand
- Removable fabric marking pencil
- Dragonfly template
- Prepare template for dragonfly motif by tracing outline of motif only (link below).
- Choose area on crazy patchwork for dragonfly motif; lightly transfer pattern using removable fabric marking pencil.
- Choose the correct size concave tip to fit the amethyst crystals for the applicator wand; screw into the wand.
- Preheat wand for 2 minutes.
- Place the amethyst crystals with the crystal side up on your work surface.
- Holding the wand with tip straight down, gently pick up one crystal with the tip.
- Turn wand with tip up and heat for 10-12 seconds until the glue gets shiny and begins to bubble.
- Turn wand with tip down and lightly tap the crystal from the tip onto the end of the dragonfly body.
- Continue to add amethyst crystals to cover the body section designated by the largest circles on the pattern.
- Unplug and cool wand.
- Repeat Steps 3-10 to add peridot eyes, clear crystal wings and black diamond antennae to complete the dragonfly motif.