Use two floral fabrics and coordinating solids in gold, green and red to create a quilt bursting with autumn colors. This autumn quilt pattern looks beautiful any time of year.
- 3/4 yd Flowers 28581-J370112
- 1 5/8 yds Packed Floral 28582-6310112
- 2 yds Geo Green 28583-6470112
- 1 1/2 yds Geo Red 28583-D650112
- 5/8 yd Textured Floral Tan 28585-J370112
- 3/8 yd Textured Floral Gold 28585-6310112
- 4 1/2 yds Fabric for backing your choice
- Basic Sewing Supplies
- Sewing machine
- Full size batting
- ron and ironing surface
Cutting: Label pieces as you cut.
1. From Flowers cut four 11 3/4” x 21”= unit F.
2. From Packed Floral cut sixteen 2 3/4” x 5” = unit C.
3. From Packed Floral cut four 7” squares = outer border.
4. From Packed Floral cut six 7” x WOF (pieced to make four 7”x 57 1/2”) = outer border.
5. From Geo Green cut eight 2 1/4”x WOF = binding.
6. From Geo Green cut six 3” x 11 3/4” = sashing A.
7. From Geo Green cut three 3” x 25 1/2” = sashing B.
8. From Geo Green cut eight 3” x WOF (pieced to make four 3” x 53” ) = sashing C.
9. From Geo Green cut four 3” x WOF (pieced to make two 3” x 57 1/2”) = sashing D.
10. From Geo Red cut thirty-two 3 1/8” squares (used to make 1/2 triangle squares) = unit B.
11. From Geo Red cut thirty-two 2 3/4” squares = unit A.
12. From Geo Red cut sixteen 2 3/4” x 5” = unit C.
13. From Geo Red cut eight 2” x WOF (pieced to make four 2” x 57 1/2”) = inner border.
14. From Geo Red cut eight 2” x 7” = outer border.
15. From Textured Floral Tan cut thirty-two 3 1/8” squares (used to make1/2 triangle squares) = unit B.
16. From Textured Floral Tan cut thirty-two 2 3/4” squares = unit A.
17. From Textured Floral Gold cut eight 2 3/4” squares = unit D.
18. From Textured Floral Gold cut four 2” squares = set blocks for inner border.
19. From Textured Floral Gold cut eight 2 3/4” x 11 3/4” = unit E.
20. From fabric for backing cut and piece to measure 80” x 80”.
- Sew one unit E to each 11 3/4” side of unit F this will create unit EFE. Repeat to complete four EFE units.
- To create 64 half- triangle squares B, take the 64 unit B squares and place two squares one from each fabric right sides together. Draw a line diagonally across the square (FIG 1). Sew 1/4” on each side of the line. Cut apart on the drawn line (FIG 2). Press and trim corners (FIG 3). Repeat to complete 64 half-triangle squares.
- Assemble eight blocks ABCD using (FIG4) and the quilt photo for fabric guide. Label four blocks using Packed Floral unit C as the center blocks and the four blocks using the Geo Red unit C as the outer blocks for ease in assembly of the quilt top center.
- Sew two center blocks together with one sashing A. Repeat.
- Sew the set of the two center blocks together using sashing B. This will = the center block unit.
- Sew one EFE unit to sashing B. Repeat. Sew EFE + sashing units to the sides of the center block unit to create the center row.
- Sew sashing A to one side of each of the four outer blocks. Sew one of the EFE units to the sashing sides of two of the outer blocks. This is the top quilt row. Repeat to create bottom row.
- Sew the rows together using the sashing C to connect the rows. This is the quilt top center.
- Sew the sashing D to each side of the quilt top center.
- Sew one 57 1/2” inner border to the top and one to the bottom of the quilt top center.
- Sew one set square to each end of two 57 1/2” inner borders, and sew borders to the sides of the quilt top center.
- Sew the eight 7” x 2” outer border strips to the ends of each of the four 7” x 57 1/2” outer borders.
- Sew two of the outer borders to the sides of the quilt top center. Sew the 7” squares to each end of the remaining outer borders. Sew these to the top and bottom of the quilt top center.
- Layer the quilt top, batting, and backing.
- Quilt and bind as you choose.