Ribbon Christmas Tree Bag
By: Jan Monahan for Kandi Corp
Use gold ribbon and heat-set crystals to create a lovely Christmas tree gift bag from Kandi Corp. Gift bags are an easy way to wrap holiday presents and can be used again and again.
- Ribbon: 24" of 2" sheer gold sparkle, 4" of 2" burgundy velvet, 12" of 1/4" green satin, 12" of 1/4" gold woven Gold shiny raffia
- 7"x10" burgundy bag with tag
- Small piece burgundy card stock
- 7mm heat-fix multi-colored Crystals*
- Faux Christmas lights
- Gold metal tags: JOY, Merry Christmas, HO! HO! HO!
- Heat-fix applicator wand*
- Adhesive dots
- Lightweight non-corrugated cardboard, ruler, scissors
- Cut 8" cardboard triangle with 5" base. Adhere end of gold sparkle ribbon at top on back of triangle. Wrap ribbon around triangle until covered, securing ribbon at bottom on back of triangle. Repeat with raffia.
- For gifts, cut 1-l/2”x1-l/2” and 2"x3" pieces card stock. Cover square with velvet ribbon. Cover rectangle with green ribbon. Tie raffia or gold woven ribbon around each gift. Tie bows.
- Thread 2" raffia through each Christmas light. Tie light in bow on raffia wrapped around tree. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to attach crystals to tree.
- Adhere tree and presents to bag. Adhere “HO! HO! HO!” tag for tree trunk. Tie “JOY” tag on tree. Adhere card stock to cover gift tag. Adhere “Merry Christmas” to center of tag. Attach gift tag and additional raffia to bag handle.