Create a re-usable painted, Christmas box spelling out JOY instead of wrapping gifts and wasting all that paper!
DecoArt Products Required
- DAO1 - Snow (Titanium) White
- DAO51 - Leaf Green
- DA170 - Santa Red
- DS61-3 - Glamour Dust Gold
Americana Spray Sealers
- DAS12 - Americana Gloss Spray
- 2" chipboard letters
- 3/8" and 3/4" round foam pouncer brushes
- 1/2" flat brush
- Foam plate
- School glue stick
- Aleene's Quick-Drying Tacky Glue
- Scrapbook paper in holiday print (We used The Paper Studio, Retro Presents 3792006/412619.)
- 6 1/2" square papier mache box with rounded corners
1. Use small pouncer and Control Medium to coat each chipboard letter. While wet, sprinkle letters with Glamour Dust. Repeat process until there is complete coverage. Set aside to dry.
2. Use flat brush and Santa Red to paint sides of box lid, including bottom of rim and overlapping top edge; let dry.
3. Use Leaf Green to paint sides and bottom of box; let dry.
4. Use 3/4" pouncer and Snow White to paint dots on box sides; use 3/8" pouncer and Santa Red to paint smaller dots on box sides; let dry.
5. Lay box lid top down on back of scrapbook paper; trace around edge of lid. Cut out. Use glue stick to completely cover lid of box and place paper on top of glue. Smooth paper flat and let dry.
6. Use tacky glue to attach Gold Glamour Dust letters to top of box lid; let dry.
7. Spray box and lid with Americana Gloss Spray and let dry.