Weaving Made Easy
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Weaving Made Easy
By Liz Gipson
Gifted by Interweave Press, LLC
Reviewed by Melissa Conner
For me, weaving has a certain romantic quality to it. Whenever I think of weaving, I instantly think of fairy tales, ladies sitting in their chambers creating beautiful and elegant pieces of fabric art. Luckily the art of weaving has made a comeback, and people seem to always be on the hunt to learn more about this ancient artistic craft.
If you’re one of those people, you have to check out Weaving Made Easy: 17 Projects Using a Simple Loom. This book is a beginner’s guide to the magic of weaving. From helpful vocabulary terms to a detailed breakdown of all the tools and equipment you’ll need to begin weaving, Weaving Made Easy does a wonderful job of bringing this age old hobby into modern times.
Once you’ve mastered the terms and have all the equipment you’re going to need, you’ll be able to create one or more of the 17 easy patterns given in Weaving Made Easy. You’ll find all kinds of projects in here! There’s adorable belts, cute bags, colorful and fun place settings, and lots of beautiful and fashionable scarves. The layered cravat scarf pattern is whimsical and soft, perfect for a romantic evening or anytime you need a little subtle sparkle!
For lovers of fabric and yarn, Weaving Made Easy is a great book to add to your collection. I for one was amazed at all that can be made with a shuttle and yarn…and I know you will be, too!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 31 Halloween Craft Projects
- 8 Free Apron Sewing Patterns
- Wrap Up With 25 Afghan Patterns from Red Heart Yarn
- Quick & Thrifty Crochet Patterns
- Make It A Red Heart Holiday
- Quick and Easy Decoupage from Plaid
- Homemade Christmas Gift Guide
- 9 Thanksgiving Decorations to Make
- The Make My Own Holiday Gifts Guide
- Fun & Fabulous Mod Podge Projects From Plaid
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- T-shirt DIY Dog Toy
- Reversible Fabric DIY Headbands
- Pretty Bird DIY Birdhouses
- Denim Pockets DIY Organizer
- Snowball Fight Snowman Crafts
- Heart Stamped DIY Box
- Girls' Bolero Free Sewing Pattern
- Magnet Makeover Chalkboard Paint Ideas
- Last-Minute DIY Valentine
- Paper Box DIY Candle Holder