Tangle Art Kit
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Tangle Art Kit
Gifted by Quarry Books
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
I don't know about you, but I love doodling in the margins of my notebooks. The lined paper in my spiral book gives me the option to make each line a different design...and when you look at all the designs together, you get one heck of an artistic border! Circles, lines, squiggles, and random flowers and boxes come together to create something that strangely works quite well together...and that's the idea behind Tangle Art.
Tangle Art is inspired by the Zentangle method of creating abstract works of art. A tangle art drawing is created from a collection of patterns not meant to represent anything. They can vary from simple circles to amazing line designs and 3D sketches. Each design is created on a small 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch square piece of paper called a "tile". The small size of this paper allows for a work of art that can be completed in a relatively short time. Best of all, the only things you need to create these tiles are paper and a pen.
Creating Tangle Art is a wonderful way to relax and a great project for a rainy day or a cold winter afternoon...and with the Tangle Art Kit, you'll get everything you need to create 20 decorative tiles. With 20 blank tiles, 2 pens, a pencil, an eraser, a sharpener, and a book of helpful tips and suggestions, this kit is all you need to start creating your own sketches and designs.
Those who feel pressured when drawing or creating need not worry...the beauty of Tangle Art is that it's meant to be a surprise that unfolds before your eyes. A mistake can be fixed by creating a new tangle or design, and you never know where you imagination may take you. This lack of planning allows for the unexpected, the beautiful, to occur right before your eyes.
If you're a fan of Zentangle, you'll fall naturally into Tangle Art. For those that are unfamiliar with either art form, the helpful Tangle Art book that accompanies this kit gives you lots of amazing suggestions and tutorials for creating your own amazing designs. You'll learn how to get started creating unique and fun lines, how to shade your illustrations, and even how to make it look like your illustration is jumping off the tile!
For illustrators and doodlers of all skill levels, this Tangle Art Kit is a great way to wind down and relax after a hard day...best of all, you'll walk away with a brand new decoration for your home!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Leisure Arts Book Bundle
- Polyform Sculpey Clay Beginner Pack
- Red Heart Fancy Yarn Pack
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Decor, and More free eBook
- American Quilter's Society Gift Card
- Marvy Uchida Easy Crystal Applicator
- Sizzix eclips2 DIY Electric Cutter Starter Kit
- Sheet Metal Bracelet DIY Craft Project
- Stenciled Metal Vase
- Structured Pattern Skirt DIY Craft Project