Martha Stewart Holidays Double Craft Punch Hot Chocolate
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The double punch means that this punch also embosses. I know a few people who weren’t too sure about this punch as it seemed the punched out shape got stuck in the punch. There is a reason for that and reading the instructions on the box solves that problem pronto. Let me quote the experts!
“Many paper crafters are familiar with the traditional craft punch, which punches out a shape. When you insert paper and flip the tool over, you see the paper you are going to punch. When you press the lever on the tool, you hear a snap as the tool cuts the paper, and the punched paper piece pops out of the tool.
Some Martha Stewart Crafts™ punches are what we call double punches – meaning they not only punch out the shape, but they also punch or emboss additional detail in the interior of the shape. Because the punch is performing this additional function, it works a little differently.
When you insert the paper and flip the tool over, you do not necessarily see your paper. When you press the lever on the tool, you don't feel and hear the same snap that you do with a regular craft punch. Instead, a double punch gives you more of a crunching sound and feel as it cuts the paper. In addition, our double punches are designed so the punched piece stays attached to the paper by a couple of tiny tabs. If this didn't happen, the punched piece could become stuck inside the tool. You can remove the punched piece from the paper by gently pulling it out with your fingers, or by cutting the tiny tabs with a craft knife or scissors.
The double punch, therefore, behaves a little differently than the regular craft punches we are used to, and as a result, you get a punched piece with greater detail than a regular craft punch produces.
How do you know if you have a double punch? Look at the design on the punch. If you see additional detail inside the shape, it is a double punch. Examples of Martha Stewart Crafts™ double punches include the scalloped heart, skull and bones, diamond ring, elephant, safety pin, and embossed owl.”
I love the double punches! And I own the scalloped heart, elephant, owl, and sand dollar. But I have to be honest and say when I first started using them I was using my fine tip tweezers to get the embossed die cut out. Unlike my friends who just thought something was wrong with the punch design, I went directly to the source, well the website anyway! I find the die cut easily removes itself from the tiny tags and no additional trimming or cutting is needed. There is something extra special about the added touch of embossing to a punched out shape. And how clever was the designer of this style of punches! Go Double Punches! Keep ‘em coming, Martha!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- SketchBox May Premium Box Review
- Custom Coloring Canvas Wall Art Review
- Romney Ridge Farm Yarn
- Sculpey Clay Color Sampler and Essential Tool Kit
- Design Master TintIT Multi Use Spray Paint
- Two-Tray Box Review
- Practical Origami
- GelWriter 100-Count Gel Pens in Rotating Stand Review
- PLUS America Decoration Rollers
- DCWV Paper Pack Collection
- 13 Spring Crafts: Easter Craft Ideas, Spring DIY Home Dcor, and More
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Projects Every Crafter Wants
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Easter Craft eBook: Blogger Edition
- Garden Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
- Trash to Treasure: 28 Recycled Crafts
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Watercolor Flawlessly for Beginners
- Glass Jar Mod Podge Makeover
- Crochet Shell N Chains Scarf
- USA Mason Jar Knit Cozy
- Patriotic Mason Jar Crochet Cozy
- Mouse Hole Wall Decor
- Lacy Star Crochet Stitch
- Delicate Shells Crochet Stitch
- Charging Station Recycled Craft
- Double Seed Stitch Coffee Cozy