Martha Stewart Holidays Double Craft Punch Hot Chocolate
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
The double punch means that this punch also embosses. I know a few people who weren’t too sure about this punch as it seemed the punched out shape got stuck in the punch. There is a reason for that and reading the instructions on the box solves that problem pronto. Let me quote the experts!
“Many paper crafters are familiar with the traditional craft punch, which punches out a shape. When you insert paper and flip the tool over, you see the paper you are going to punch. When you press the lever on the tool, you hear a snap as the tool cuts the paper, and the punched paper piece pops out of the tool.
Some Martha Stewart Crafts™ punches are what we call double punches – meaning they not only punch out the shape, but they also punch or emboss additional detail in the interior of the shape. Because the punch is performing this additional function, it works a little differently.
When you insert the paper and flip the tool over, you do not necessarily see your paper. When you press the lever on the tool, you don't feel and hear the same snap that you do with a regular craft punch. Instead, a double punch gives you more of a crunching sound and feel as it cuts the paper. In addition, our double punches are designed so the punched piece stays attached to the paper by a couple of tiny tabs. If this didn't happen, the punched piece could become stuck inside the tool. You can remove the punched piece from the paper by gently pulling it out with your fingers, or by cutting the tiny tabs with a craft knife or scissors.
The double punch, therefore, behaves a little differently than the regular craft punches we are used to, and as a result, you get a punched piece with greater detail than a regular craft punch produces.
How do you know if you have a double punch? Look at the design on the punch. If you see additional detail inside the shape, it is a double punch. Examples of Martha Stewart Crafts™ double punches include the scalloped heart, skull and bones, diamond ring, elephant, safety pin, and embossed owl.”
I love the double punches! And I own the scalloped heart, elephant, owl, and sand dollar. But I have to be honest and say when I first started using them I was using my fine tip tweezers to get the embossed die cut out. Unlike my friends who just thought something was wrong with the punch design, I went directly to the source, well the website anyway! I find the die cut easily removes itself from the tiny tags and no additional trimming or cutting is needed. There is something extra special about the added touch of embossing to a punched out shape. And how clever was the designer of this style of punches! Go Double Punches! Keep ‘em coming, Martha!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Clay Tool Starter Kit and Classic Clay
- Practical Origami
- Extreme Glitter Paint
- SEI Iron On Flock Transfers
- Scotch Super Glue and Adhesive Dots
- Design Master TintIT Multi Use Spray Paint
- Darice Embossing Folders
- Anchor Threads
- Cri-Kit Gel Pens and Holder for your Craft Cutting Machine
- Dodz Self-Adhesive Dots
- 12 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Tie Dye Patterns for Shirts, Decor, & More
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Easter Bunny Canvas
- Scottish Terrier Dog Crochet Amigurumi Pattern
- "The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More" free eBook
- Silly Kids DIY Shoe Decoration
- Stenciled Chalkboard Happy Birthday Card
- Sweet Doily Cards Spring Craft
- Illuminated Blossoms Spring Craft
- Colorful Napkin Wreath Spring Craft
- Large Silk DIY Flower Arrangement
- Kiddie Blocks Toilet Paper Roll Craft