Lumi Photo Printing Kit
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Lumi Photo Printing Kits
Gifted by Lumi
Reviewed by Melissa Conner, Editor of FaveCrafts.com
While the look of the vintage washed screen tee is one that will never go out of style, screen-printed tee shirts can be expensive to buy and make. Screen-printing equipment can be difficult to come by and can really put a dent in your wallet; however, there is a way you can get the look of screen-printing without the cost...in fact, all you need is a bright summer day!
The Lumi Photo Printing Kit makes it easier than ever to create your very own screen-print tees, bags, scarves, wearables, and so much more. Using the power of sunlight, this technique allows you to use negatives you can print at home to create your own personalized screen-printed tee shirt. Simply spread the Inkodye on your fabric, use the project board to pin your negative on top of your painted fabric, and place it directly in the sunlight for 10-20 minutes. You can even watch the transformation happen right before your eyes! Once your tee shirt is ready, remove the negative to reveal your print! Then you can wash it in the provided Inkowash to help set the color. This is a great way to personalize gifts for a loved one or create team shirts for a family reunion, a sports team, or dance squad.
Best of all, everything you need to create your designs comes right inside the Lumi Photo Printing Kit. In this bundle you get 4 Inkodye Snap Packs, 2 Inkowash Snap Packs to help set the color, a test netagive, a project board, and 4 Inkofilm transparencies to print your own negatives at home. Lumi also has a fabulous app that allows you to create and order your own custom-printed negatives that are delivered right to your door (www.lumi.co/app).
But the fun doesn't stop there. Anything that creates a shadow can also make a beautiful print...and Lumi has a great product for that as well. The Lumi Shadow Printing Kit contains everything you need to create your own canvas pouch using household items and the sun. Anything from paper clips to leaves, old lace to wrenches can be used for this technique. Using the same instructions outlined above, this kit teaches you how to create a stenciled effect using items from around your home. The good thing about this kit is that you don't need a negative to create your design...so if you'd rather work with every day items or you don't have access to a printer, this is a great kit for you! Just find the items you want to use, place your project in the sun, and in 30 minutes, you should have a brand new clutch that you'll be so proud to show off!
Finally, nothing says summer quite like tie-dye...and Lumi has a kit to help give you the look of tie-dye without the hassel. The Lumi Sunfold Printing Kit contains enough Inkodye for you to create all kinds of household projects. This is a genius way to get a unique piece in your wardrobe that no one has ever seen before. Make scarves, pillows, lampshades, blankets, tee shirts and so much more with this easy-to-use kit. The Sunfold Printing Kit also comes with a step-by-step video to make it easier than ever to learn how to master this awesome technique.
So if you're looking for some fun summer projects to do with the kids this year, be sure to check out these awesome Lumi kits! Great for decorating everything from totes to tee shirts, these screen-printing kits use the power of sunlight to create amazing designs...and you're going to love showing off your new pieces to all your family and friends!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- SEI Iron On Flock Transfers
- Practical Origami
- Cri-Kit Gel Pens and Holder for your Craft Cutting Machine
- Aleene's Always Ready Tacky Glue
- Anchor Threads
- Everything Mary Rolling Scrapbook Tote
- Printies Design Studio Kits
- Anchor Living Needlepoint Tapestry
- DeElda Baseball Needlepoint Design
- Dritz Rotary Cutter
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Christmas Craft Ideas: Ornaments, Decorations, and Homemade Gifts for Christmas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Funky Crochet Earbud Wrap
- Ariel's Beaded Crochet Headband
- Knitted Plastic Bag Dispenser
- Last-Minute T-Shirt Necklace
- Perfectly Pretty Crochet Purse Pattern
- Animal Hats
- Cozy Knits: 50 Fast and Easy Projects from Top Designers
- Premo! Sculpey Clay
- Pretty in Pink Baby Blanket
- Terrific Turtle Crochet Beanie