Build Ur Beads Review
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Build Ur Beads
Gifted by Indus Trading Company LLC
Review by Maria Nerius
We tested several sizes and shapes of unfinished wood beads. The shapes included large tube, small round, small barrel, and large tear drop. You can paint, ink, or stain the unfinished wood. You can place the beads on an unbent paper clip, wood skewer, or thin crochet needle to paint, ink or stain. One or two basecoats of color can be applied and from there you can decorate these beads as you wish. All beads had wide holes so the beads can be easily threaded onto ribbon or leather cording.
- The unfinished beads were well shaped and sanded. You didn’t need to do any prep before painting.
- The wood was very light so you could apply any color including light colors like yellow and white with only one coat. I did apply a second basecoat to some of the beads I tested, but that was more for popping the color.
- Great variety of shapes and sizes. Very easy to build a necklace or bracelet.
- I loved the tear drop bead. You could really make a great pendant with this shape.
- I stained the beads and got a wonderful cherry and oak finish.
- Packaging gave great step-by-step instructions.
- I never would have thought to use my inkpads to color the beads, great tip on the packaging. Plus I’ve found a new way to use all my inkpads
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- SEI Iron On Flock Transfers
- Practical Origami
- Cri-Kit Gel Pens and Holder for your Craft Cutting Machine
- Aleene's Always Ready Tacky Glue
- Anchor Threads
- Everything Mary Rolling Scrapbook Tote
- Printies Design Studio Kits
- Design Master TintIT Multi Use Spray Paint
- Creative Options Tapered Tote
- Anchor Living Needlepoint Tapestry
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Christmas Craft Ideas: Ornaments, Decorations, and Homemade Gifts for Christmas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Funky Crochet Earbud Wrap
- Ariel's Beaded Crochet Headband
- Knitted Plastic Bag Dispenser
- Last-Minute T-Shirt Necklace
- Perfectly Pretty Crochet Purse Pattern
- Animal Hats
- Cozy Knits: 50 Fast and Easy Projects from Top Designers
- Premo! Sculpey Clay
- Pretty in Pink Baby Blanket
- Terrific Turtle Crochet Beanie