We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Bronze Metal Clay
Reviewed by Maria Nerius for FaveCrafts.com
BronzClay is a clay medium that once fired or baked leaves a bronze creation. Used by jewelry makers, artists, and sculptors, it can be used to create large and small pieces. CopprClay is also available. BronzClay is made up of 11% tin, 89% copper, water, and non-toxic binding materials. The binding materials vaporize completely during the kiln firing process leaving a solid bronze piece with a density 90% that of cast bronze. You use the tools you use for any clay project including rolling tubes, needle tool, toothpicks, razor or craft knife, texture plates, tweezers, files, and other shaping tools. There are specific instructions for firing a piece includes on the BronzClay website.
- Very easy to use, shape, and manipulate. Worked very well with texture plates and we also used rubber stamps to stamp patterns onto the clay.
- Instructions on website were well written and illustrated.
- You ended up with a very nice finished piece… and in bronze!
- Very new and trendy. Before this your only option was silver.
A team of 7 craft experts and hobbyists try the product(s) and their views are compiled into a review by Maria Nerius. Do you have a product you’d like reviewed for www.FaveCrafts.com? Contact us.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Arch Columns Crochet Afghan Pattern
- Baby's First Valentine's Day Shirt
- Dyed Leopard Print Easter Egg Craft
- Polymer Clay Shamrock Pin St. Patrick's Day Craft
- Sparkly St. Patrick's Day Treat Bags
- Stenciled Ornament Kit from Stencil1
- Beaders Delight Box from Cousin
- Plaid Prize Pack
- Styrofoam Kits and Gift Cards from DOW Chemical
- Sizzix Big Shot Starter Kit