Aunt Lydia's Baker's Cotton Crochet Thread
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
It may seem strange, but one of my fondest memories of going to the bakery with my grandparents was watching the baker tie the box. As he twisted the yarn and twirled the box around, I watched in utter amazment at how quick and fluid his movements were. Little did I know that I was, at that very moment, forming one of my most cherished childhood memories.
Every time I see Baker's Cotton now, or even thin crochet yarn or twine, I instantly flash back to that small bakery in Chicago...and that baker who poetically tied up our cookies and pastries...and I smile thinking of how precious and fun those sweet days were.
After playing around with the new Aunt Lydia's Baker's Cotton Thread, I found myself going back to those sweet memories. But the baker's string now is so different than what it used to be. The old red and white string has morphed into colorful purples, greens, blues, pinks, and blacks...and I had NO IDEA how much fun you could have with this humble crafting yarn.
Available in a wide variety of colors, this super thin cotton yarn can easily be used for apparel, accessories, and home decor. You can use it for crocheting, knitting, and other yarn crafts...such as friendship bracelets or yarn wrapping. You get 150 yards per skein, so there's LOTS of yarn in one ball for tons of crafting fun.
As a baker who uses this string on a daily basis, I can tell you that the possibilities are endless for what you can do with this yarn. Think outside of the bakery box...and have fun!
Our friends at Red Heart were nice enough to compile a little video to teach you more about Aunt Lydia's Baker's Cotton Crochet Thread. Play the video to learn more about what you can do with this awesome string!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- SEI Iron On Flock Transfers
- Practical Origami
- Cri-Kit Gel Pens and Holder for your Craft Cutting Machine
- Aleene's Always Ready Tacky Glue
- Anchor Threads
- Dritz Rotary Cutter
- Etchall Paint Products
- Everything Mary Rolling Scrapbook Tote
- Design Master TintIT Multi Use Spray Paint
- Creative Options Tapered Tote
- 14 New Year's Eve Party Ideas, Recipes, Drinks & Decorations
- 16 Angel Crafts to Make: Homemade Christmas Ornaments & Decorations
- 18 Homemade Christmas Decorations: How to Make Christmas Decorations
- 23 Gingerbread House Designs and Recipes
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Christmas Craft Ideas: Ornaments, Decorations, and Homemade Gifts for Christmas
- 34 Holiday Ideas for Gifts in a Jar
- Homemade Christmas Gifts: 14 Gift Ideas & DIY Home Dcor
- Jolly Holidays: 15 Free Knit and Crochet Gifts and Holiday Projects
- Santa's Guide to Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Funky Crochet Earbud Wrap
- Ariel's Beaded Crochet Headband
- Knitted Plastic Bag Dispenser
- Last-Minute T-Shirt Necklace
- Perfectly Pretty Crochet Purse Pattern
- Cozy Knits: 50 Fast and Easy Projects from Top Designers
- Premo! Sculpey Clay
- Pretty in Pink Baby Blanket
- Terrific Turtle Crochet Beanie
- Purrfect Winter Beanie