Aunt Lydia's Baker's Cotton Crochet Thread
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
It may seem strange, but one of my fondest memories of going to the bakery with my grandparents was watching the baker tie the box. As he twisted the yarn and twirled the box around, I watched in utter amazment at how quick and fluid his movements were. Little did I know that I was, at that very moment, forming one of my most cherished childhood memories.
Every time I see Baker's Cotton now, or even thin crochet yarn or twine, I instantly flash back to that small bakery in Chicago...and that baker who poetically tied up our cookies and pastries...and I smile thinking of how precious and fun those sweet days were.
After playing around with the new Aunt Lydia's Baker's Cotton Thread, I found myself going back to those sweet memories. But the baker's string now is so different than what it used to be. The old red and white string has morphed into colorful purples, greens, blues, pinks, and blacks...and I had NO IDEA how much fun you could have with this humble crafting yarn.
Available in a wide variety of colors, this super thin cotton yarn can easily be used for apparel, accessories, and home decor. You can use it for crocheting, knitting, and other yarn crafts...such as friendship bracelets or yarn wrapping. You get 150 yards per skein, so there's LOTS of yarn in one ball for tons of crafting fun.
As a baker who uses this string on a daily basis, I can tell you that the possibilities are endless for what you can do with this yarn. Think outside of the bakery box...and have fun!
Our friends at Red Heart were nice enough to compile a little video to teach you more about Aunt Lydia's Baker's Cotton Crochet Thread. Play the video to learn more about what you can do with this awesome string!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Easy DIY Projects
- 14 Free Crochet Patterns for Babies and Toddlers
- 23 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 25 Easy to Make Homemade Jewelry Crafts
- Family Fun Crafts: 16 Craft Ideas for Kids
- Garden Crafts
- How To Make Tie Dye Shirts, Decor & More: 18 Tie Dye Patterns
- Learn How to Knit for Beginners: 27 Easy Knitting Patterns
- The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Felt Organizers Set
- Recycled Milk Carton Stationery Organizer
- Vintage Lamb Crochet Toddler Hat Pattern
- Witch Hat Topiary Halloween Centerpiece
- Hemp Cord
- Winter Frost DIY Succulent Planters
- New Year's Ball Drop Display
- Absolutely Adorable DIY Mason Jar Candle
- Metallic Glittered Star Assortment
- Cute Crochet Macarons