Aunt Lydia's Baker's Cotton Crochet Thread
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
It may seem strange, but one of my fondest memories of going to the bakery with my grandparents was watching the baker tie the box. As he twisted the yarn and twirled the box around, I watched in utter amazment at how quick and fluid his movements were. Little did I know that I was, at that very moment, forming one of my most cherished childhood memories.
Every time I see Baker's Cotton now, or even thin crochet yarn or twine, I instantly flash back to that small bakery in Chicago...and that baker who poetically tied up our cookies and pastries...and I smile thinking of how precious and fun those sweet days were.
After playing around with the new Aunt Lydia's Baker's Cotton Thread, I found myself going back to those sweet memories. But the baker's string now is so different than what it used to be. The old red and white string has morphed into colorful purples, greens, blues, pinks, and blacks...and I had NO IDEA how much fun you could have with this humble crafting yarn.
Available in a wide variety of colors, this super thin cotton yarn can easily be used for apparel, accessories, and home decor. You can use it for crocheting, knitting, and other yarn crafts...such as friendship bracelets or yarn wrapping. You get 150 yards per skein, so there's LOTS of yarn in one ball for tons of crafting fun.
As a baker who uses this string on a daily basis, I can tell you that the possibilities are endless for what you can do with this yarn. Think outside of the bakery box...and have fun!
Our friends at Red Heart were nice enough to compile a little video to teach you more about Aunt Lydia's Baker's Cotton Crochet Thread. Play the video to learn more about what you can do with this awesome string!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 12 Thrifty Trash to Treasure Crafts
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Crafts with Felt: Simple Craft Ideas, Felt Flowers & More
- 24 Tie-Dye Techniques: Free Tie-Dye Patterns
- 24 Valentine's Day Crafts for Kids: Lovely Kids Crafts Ideas and Projects
- 25 Cool Things to Do with Wine Bottles
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- 41 Valentine's Day Crafts: Valentine's Day Cards, Gifts and More
- Cupid's Handmade Crafts
- Irish for a Day: St. Patrick's Day Craft and Recipe Guide
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Paracord Outdoor Gear Projects
- Shelbi Free Crochet Hat Pattern For Kids
- Totally Tulle DIY Fabric Flowers
- Seasonal FloraCraft Styrofoam Decor
- Tulip Color Shot Fabric Dye Set
- Book Page Paper Roses DIY Project
- Simplicity Bias Tape Maker Giveaway
- We R Memory Keepers
- Vintage Basket Easter Craft Project
- Recycled Egg Carton Easter Egg Basket