Project Ideas for All Occasions From Paper to Fabric Volume 1 eCraft Creations
We are adding the craft to your Craft Projects.
The project was added to your Craft Projects.
Love the look of a terrarium but worried about the upkeep? With this Tropical Terrarium, you can have a colorful decor item that requires zero maintenance! Display it in your living room or bathroom for a fun home accessory that's sure to brighten up your living space.
- 1 block Sculpey® III: Black - 2 oz
- 1 block Sculpey® III: Hazelnut - 2 oz
- 1 block Sculpey® III: Beige - 2 oz
- 1 block Sculpey® III: Red Hot Red - 2 oz
- 1 block Sculpey® III: String Bean - 2 oz
- 1 block Sculpey® III: Lemonade - 2 oz
- 1 block Sculpey® III: Leaf Green - 2 oz
- 1 block Sculpey® III: Candy Pink - 2 oz
- Sculpey® Super Slicer Tool Set
- Glass Bowl
- Dried moss
Do not use unbaked clay on unprotected furniture or finished surfaces. Start with clean hands and work surface area. Good work surfaces include wax paper, metal baking sheet, or disposable foil. Knead clay until soft and smooth. For best results, clean your hands in between colors. Shape clay, pressing pieces together firmly. Bake on oven-proof glass or metal surface at 275 °F (130 °C) for 15 minutes per 1/4” (6 mm) thickness. For best baking results, use an oven thermometer. DO NOT USE MICROWAVE OVEN. DO NOT EXCEED THE ABOVE TEMPERATURE OR RECOMMENDED BAKING TIME. Wash hands after use. Baking should be completed by an adult.
Begin by preheating oven to 275 °F (130 °C). Test temperature with oven thermometer for perfectly cured clay. For best results, condition all clay by running it through the clay dedicated pasta machine several passes on the widest setting. Fold the clay in half after each pass and insert the fold side into the rollers first.
Roll out 2 thin snakes (approx. 1/8” thick) using Red Hot Red and String Bean clay. Using the plastic craft knife, cut each snake into 10 short pieces (approx 5/8” L). Press one Red short snake piece and one Green short snake piece together, then slightly roll in your hand to make the ends pointy. Press all 10 Red/Green pieces together on the Green side, to make the plant.
Roll out a String Bean snake that is 1/4” thick. Cut into 1” pieces. You will need 15 all together to make the plant. Shape each into slightly flattened pointed long leafs. Press a line into the middle of each using one of the purple modeling tool. Then press them all together to shape the plant.
Make the following pieces out of Leaf Green clay: •Base of cactus - one large slightly flattened oval bead for the bottom (approx. 1.5” L x 3/4" thick). •Top smaller pieces of cactus - two slightly flattened ovals (approx. 3/4"L x 1/2” thick). •Side piece of cactus - one slightly flattened oval (approx. 1 1/4"L x 5/8” thick). •Top larger piece of the cactus - one slightly flattened oval (approx. 1 1/16” L x 3/4" thick). •Using the plastic modeling tool draw vertical lines into each piece. •Take toothpicks and assemble the cactus as shown. •Using Hazelnut clay to make small flattened balls that are 1/8” diameter. You will need to make 120 to cover the cactus on both sides. Use the plastic modeling tool to make an indent into the middle of each one while pressing them onto the cactus. •Take Candy Pink and make five small flattened balls that are 3/8” diameter. Attach them into a flower shape. Make five small flattened balls that are 1/8” diameter. Attach those into a flower shape. Using the purple modeling tool make petal indents onto each one. •Using Lemonade to two small flattened balls approx. 1/8” diameter for the flower centers. Press each into the Candy Pink flowers and attach to the cactus as shown.
Take 1/4 oz of Hazelnut clay and cut it into six equal pieces. •Shape one piece into a pointed club for the head and tail part (approx. 1 5/8” L x 1/4" thick at the thickest end). •Use two pieces to make a flattened oval for the top shell (approx. 15/16” L x 3/4" w) •Use one piece to make a flattened oval to go on the bottom of the shell (approx. 3/4" W x 13/16” L) •Use two pieces to make the four slightly flattened club legs. (approx. 5/8” L x 5/16”thick at the thickest end). Using the plastic knife cut four toes into the thick end of the club. •Spots - take Hazelnut and Beige and marble them together. Make seven flat balls (approx. 5/16” diameter) •Eyes – make two tiny balls out of Black clay (approx. 1/16” diameter). •Assemble: Lay the bottom shell piece on your work surface. Center the head/tail piece on top of that (make sure the head is sticking out farther than the tail piece. There should only be a small tail part showing). Attach the four feet and then add the top shell part. Using sand paper ad texture to the top shell and feet. Then add the spots onto the shell and the eyes onto the head.
- Bake according to the directions above. Let your pieces cool completely. Assemble your terrarium with the sand, moss, shells and your clay pieces.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- 12 Fabulous Picnic Craft Ideas + Restaurant Copycat Recipes
- 14 Toilet Paper Roll Craft Ideas
- 17 Flower Craft Ideas: How To Make Paper Flowers, Easy Fabric Flowers and More
- 18 Tie Dye Patterns for Shirts, Decor, & More
- 26 Spring Crafts for Kids
- Crafts for Mom: 30 Free Craft Projects for Mother's Day
- Easter Eggs: Easter Egg Designs, Tips for Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs, Egg Recipes
- Garden Crafts
- Graduation Crafts
- Hop into Spring: Easter Crafting and Recipe
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Ornamental Easter Eggs
- Robin Josephs
- Easter Bunny Canvas
- Scottish Terrier Dog Crochet Amigurumi Pattern
- "The Best Blogger Craft Ideas 2015: Home Decor Ideas, DIY Jewelry, Easy Crochet Patterns and More" free eBook
- Silly Kids DIY Shoe Decoration
- Stenciled Chalkboard Happy Birthday Card
- Sweet Doily Cards Spring Craft
- Illuminated Blossoms Spring Craft
- Colorful Napkin Wreath Spring Craft