Looking for interesting fourth of July party crafts? These Patriotic Napkin Rings will be the talk of of the party and table.
- Kreinik 1/8" Ribbon in 051HL Sapphire (11 yards), 003 Red (5.5 yards), and 032 Pearl (5 yards)
- Clear 7-count plastic canvas (model stitched using Quick-Count by Uniek)
- Scissors and plastic canvas needle
- Cut canvas according to graphs and as follows:
- PINWHEEL: Cut one 22 by 22 holes
- RING: Cut one 37 by 2 holes
- Carefully cut a seam at each corner between shaded squares on pinwheel graph (creating four triangles attached to square center piece).
- Double the 1/8” Ribbon for all stitches so that you’re working with two strands, except where indicated.
- Work front of pinwheel in continental stitches in colors indicated,alternating rows of Pearl and Red, and overcasting ends of rows with matching colors as you stitch. Overcast the top (or outside) bar with red. Work Sapphire continental stitches in the center area of front.
- Turn pinwheel over, and work back in Sapphire continental stitches. Overcast matching edges with Sapphire.
- Using one strand of Sapphire, tack ends of pinwheel marked () to center of pinwheel at (*).
- Next create the napkin ring. Overlapping three holes on the short ends, work ring in sapphire continental stitches. Overcast top and bottom edges of ring with Sapphire. Using one strand of Sapphire, tack overlapped edge of ring to back Sapphire center of pinwheel. Alternate finishing ideas: Omit ring and glue 1/2” magnetic strip to back for a fridgie magnet, or glue a bamboo skewer or dowel to back for a plant poke.