The lazy daisy flower basket is a free pattern in plastic canvas to print and make for your home. Embellish with flowers and hearts to cheer up any space.
- 1 skein each Jockey Red and White Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 14 yds. Baby Pink Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 6 yds. Paddy Green Red Heart 4-ply yarn
- 1 yd. each of 9 various 4-ply colors (for flowers)
- 1 sheet of Ultra-Stiff 12” x 18” 7-mesh plastic canvas
- 1 sheet of Regular 10 ½” x 13 ½” 7-mesh plastic canvas
- 1 round 6” plastic canvas
- Tapestry Needle
- Sewing Needle and Thread
- Various Silk Flowers
- 1 piece of florist foam to fit in bottom of basket
- Graph 1
- Graph 2
SIZE: 9 ½” high (including handle) x 5 ¼” across
- Cut one 35 x 111 holes from ultra-stiff canvas for basket.
- Cut one 7 x 91 holes from regular canvas for handle.
- Cut twelve 7 x 7 holes from regular canvas for large hearts.
- Cut 2 rows off 6” unworked round plastic canvas.
- Stitch basket as shown on graph.
- Fill in blank areas with white continental stitches.
- Sew lazy daisy flowers (using one color in each frame) and stems over white continental stitches.
- Stitch hearts and overcast with matching color.
- Sew on hearts as shown on graph.
- Stitch handle as shown on graph and overcast each heart with matching color.
- Overcast top of basket with red.
- With red whipstitch basket to unworked round bottom.
- Sew on handle with 1 heart down each side
- Cut foam, insert in bottom of basket and fill with silk flowers.