Plastic canvas and beautiful threads make it easy to create a Christmas pin with an angel theme. Plastic canvas pins make for quick and easy jewelry. Give as holiday gifts!
- QuickCount® 10-count plastic canvas by Uniek
- Kreinik Heavy (#32) Braid in 008 Green, 9400 Baby Blue
- Kreinik Very Fine (#4) Braid 221 Antique Gold
- Kreinik 1/8” Ribbon in 002V Vintage Gold, 009 Emerald, 092 Star Pink, 100HL White Hi Lustre
- DMC embroidery floss in 321 Christmas Red, 422 Hazel Nut Brown
- Fabri-Tac™ Permanent Adhesive by Beacon™
- Whimsy Glass Beads by Wichelt Imports: 10 matte gold (#5142)
- Plastic canvas needle (No. 18)
- Backing material such as fabric, perforated paper, card stock
- Cut canvas according to graphs, and as follows:
BASE: 18 x 18 holes
ANGEL: 9 x 12 holes
BACKGROUND: 16 x 16 holes
STAR: 5 x 6 holes
- Using six strands of Christmas Red DMC floss, work the background piece in continental stitches. Overcast the edges with Christmas Red. Using Emerald 1/8” Ribbon in straight stitches, work Christmas Tree as indicated on the background. With beading needle and Antique Gold Very Fine (#4) Braid, add 10 dark matte gold Whimsy beads to the Christmas Tree at (•).
- Using Star Pink and White Hi Lustre 1/8” Ribbon, work the angel in cross stitches on face and wings. Add Baby Blue Heavy Braid in continental stitches for gown. Overcast edges, matching colors as you work in the area: arm and legs are overcast with Star Pink. Using six strands of Hazel Nut Brown DMC floss, work cross stitches for hair and overcast matching edges.
- Overcast the edges of the Star with Vintage Gold 1/8” Ribbon.
- Holding background piece like a diamond, tack the angel to the left of the tree on the background, 5/8” from the top corner matching the color of the hair and legs.
- Tack the star to the background at the top of the tree with Vintage Gold 1/8” Ribbon.
- Using three strands of Christmas Red DMC floss, whipstitch the background to the unstitched base, leaving one hole around all edges.
- Overcast edges of base with Green Heavy Braid.
- Glue backing material to back of pin. Glue pinback to center of backing material.
More Plastic Canvas Pin Crafts:
Cat and Basket Plastic Canvas Pin