Capture your cute pooch in beaded beauty. This is a fun album cover concept that works for any pet.
- 4” x 6” photo album with blank cover
- Two 4” x 6” Treasure Tape sheets
- Diamond Beadlets®
- Miscellaneous buttons
- Kreinik #12 Braid 021 Copper, 032 Pearl, 015 Chartreuse
- Kreinik Japan #5 221J Burnished Gold
- Shallow pan or tray
- Photo of your dog or pet
- Satin or organdy ribbon for edge
- Lay one sheet of Treasure Tape on your album cover. Remove red liner to expose sticky part.
- Lay your pet photo centered on this tape. Cover with another piece of Treasure Tape, and remove its red liner to expose sticky area.
- Begin thread embellishment by writing in 021 Copper Braid. We wrote “My favorite things” but you can write your pet’s name, or any words. Then make other decorations, like the bone we made out of gold and pearl braids, or the cat shape out of pearl braid (with 015 chartreuse green eyes, and 221J burnished gold whiskers). Use our photo as a guide, or draw your own.
- Lay buttons along each side, pressing into the tape to secure.
- Lay satin or organdy ribbon along left side, as shown in photo.
- When embellishment is complete, lay your album in a shallow pan or tray and cover all remaining sticky areas with Diamond Beadlets. Swirl beadlets with your fingertips to make sure everything is fully covered.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.