By: Angela Daniels for C&T Publishing
Make these flower cups to hold candy such as saltwater taffy or jelly beans on your spring table. This quick craft project from C&T Publishing is a sweet way to decorate your table.
- Ready-to-Go!® Blank Board Decor Petal Pots–Assorted Pack of 3
- 3 qty Simply Stems™ 1/4″
- Decorative papers 3-7 coordinating patterns
- Paper adhesive
- Glue Gun
- 6 qty 2”x ½” cardboard
- 3 qty 2”x2” chipboard/ cardboard
- Create side panel templates. For each size pot (3.5”, 5.25”, 6.75”), lay paper over one side of pot. Rub a pencil along the edges to create the outline. Using scissors cut just inside the line.
- Trace templates on backside of decorative paper. You will need 6 for each size pot. Cut out and adhere to sides of pot.
- Open pot and secure bottom by folding two 2”x ½” cardboard pieces into a right angle. Use a glue gun to attach cardboard on the inside bottom and side.
- Color stems with green paint or marker.
- Use a Japanese hole-punch to put a hole in the bottom of each pot. Slide in stem.
- Secure stem – fold a 2”x 2” piece of cardboard in half. Cut four 1” slits on one folded side creating 5 tabs. Wrap the uncut side around top 1” of stem with the fanned out cut side toward the bottom of pot and glue gun in place. Glue gun the slit tabs flat inside bottom of pot. This will keep the stem from wiggling once filled.
- Place stemmed flowers in a sturdy vase and fill with candy delights!