If purple is your favorite color - or you know someone who loves this shade - here's a fun handmade greeting card sure to brighten the day. The sparkling metallic threads are perfect decorations on any card.
- 3.5" x 5" Blank white card (or white cardstock cut and folded)
- 3 shades of purple cardstock
- Circle punch
- 4" x 6" Treasure Tape Sheet
- Diamond Beadlets
- Kreinik 1/8" Ribbon 9300, 026V
- Kreinik #12 Tapestry Braid 001J
- Kreinik #8 braid 026V, 034C
- Shallow pan or tray or Ziploc bag
- First cut your cardstock pieces. Cut three 3" x 4.25" pieces of cardstock, in dark, medium, and light purple. Punch a circle from the top of each piece, 5/8" in from the top and sides. Cut one 3" x 1" piece of Treasure Tape and a second piece of tape 2.5" x 4".
- Peel the white liner off your 2.5" x 4" tape and center it on your lightest piece of cardstock. Peel the red liner off the tape and mount the cardstock, taped side down, at the bottom of your card. Use the removed red liner to press down the tape through the punched hole.
- Next, embellish your taped circle with thread. We outlined the circle with Ribbon and created a loop design in the center. Once finished, mount your remaining pieces of cardstock so that a 1/8" strip of the color underneath shows.
- Peel back the white liner on your 3" x 1" strip of tape and center it 1/4" up from the bottom of your top piece of cardstock. Peel back the red liner on the strip and begin embellishing with threads. Once your design is complete, press your threads into the tape using your discarded red liner. Place your card in a shallow tray or ziplock bag and cover with Diamond Beadlets. Swirl the beadlets with your fingers to cover fully and tap your card to remove excess.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.