Create this beautiful personalized greeting card from Flower Soft in just a few easy steps. All you need is a blank card, a pot of flower soft and ribbon. You can customize the design any way you like to create the perfect card for any occasion.
- One pot of Spring Flower Soft™
- Narrow Ribbon
- Blank Card
- PVA Glue - Aleenes Tacky or Impex High Tack
- Scissors for cutting ribbon
- Take some of your Flower Soft™ and place it in a dish so that you can get your fingers in and fluff it up.
- Place a sheet of paper over your working area to collect any spills of Flower Soft™, which can be returned to your pot later.
- Cut your silk ribbon to the correct length.
- Mark out your card to ensure text will be central. Lightly write the name in pencil, which you can then follow with your Flower Soft glue. The name should not be too small, so that it can still be read easily when covered in Flower Soft™. Some PVA's do not hold Flower Soft™ securely to the card when dry so always use the Flower Soft glue or Aleenes tacky glue for a strong result.
- While the glue is still wet, sprinkle Flower Soft™ over the glued area and tap off excess. Allow time to dry.
- Thinly apply glue around edges of your card, approximately 2 cm from the outside edge, then stick ribbon down flat. To get a straight line, start at one corner and pull the ribbon taught to the next corner then press down. Repeat all the way around the card, turning the ribbon over at each corner.
- To hide the join from your starting and finishing point, make a separate small bow and glue over join. Alternatively, to achieve the fancy ribbon work shown, simply glue the center of a short length of ribbon just inside the ribbon border and make a few twists, catch the twists with a tiny amount of glue so that it holds to the card and glue down the ends. To make flower effects in the corner of the card, take a small strip of ribbon and tie a loose knot and then tie another loose knot again so that the second knot merges with the first knot, then stick down and trim off or twist the tails.
- Dab some glue randomly around the ribbon work and sprinkle over more Flower Soft™ . Shake off excess and allow to dry.