Newlywed Doorknob Hanger
By: Miranda Urry from Provo Craft
This project is great to give those newlyweds. They can hang it on the door of their new home. Cardstock and ribbon are used to make this such a nice gift.
- Cricut Expression® Personal Electronic Cutter with Plantin SchoolBook and Accent Essentials® cartridges 
- Cricut® Tie the Knot cartridge 
- Yudu® Personal Screen Printer 
- Yudu® Emulsion Sheets 
- Yudu® Ink, Neutral Set, Chocolate 
- Cardstock: brown, black
- Fabric: brown, cream
- Needle and cream thread
- Heat and Bond Ultra
- Iron and ironing board
- Ribbon: 1 ½" wide cream satin
- Small pearl embellishments
- Cut doorknob hanger. Using Tie the Knot cartridge and brown cardstock, cut one 9 ¾" <DoNtDtrb>.
- Adhere Heat and Bond Ultra to brown fabric following manufacturers instructions. Using brown fabric, cut one 9 ¾" <DoNtDtrb>. Adhere fabric doorknob hanger to cardstock door hanger.
- Cut one 9" x 4 ½" block of cream fabric. Turn ¾" seams to wrong side of fabric and press. Wrap fabric around doorknob hanger. Secure by sewing at back of hanger.
- Cut Mr & Mrs. Using black cardstock, cut one 1 ½" <Mr&Mrs>. Follow instructions in Yudu user manual to burn Mr & Mrs onto a screen and pull design on cream fabric.
- Tie two lengths of ribbon into knots. Adhere to door hanger as shown. Embellish doorknob hanger with pearls.