For the coming Mother's Day treat your mother like a valentine and send her a series of micro love-letters assembled together in a mini book she can carry around in her bag. I am sure your mother will treasure the handcrafted gift as well as the heartfelt messages you've included inside.
- 1 sheet of white cardstock – American Crafts
- Journaling stamps – Maya Road Foundations Journaling and Li'l Davis Designs Journaling 1 (variations – journaling die-cuts, shaped die cuts, mixed media, mini envelopes, etc.)
- Colorbox chalk ink queue
- 1 die cut shape – Scenic Route Summer Die Cut Arrows
- 1 piece of colored 4” by 2 1/2” textured cardstock - American Crafts
- 1 Brad (3/16”)
- Letter stickers - Making Memories
- Crop-a-dile – We Are Memory Keepers
- Stamp your journaling tags in various colors of ink on a white cardstock.
- Cut the stamped tags out with precision scissors. Tip - Tilt your scissors in 30 degrees away from the cardstock and turn your cardstock rather than the scissors for a more precise and controlled cut.
- Gather all your journaling tags in a way that appeals to you. Play with different colors and sizes for an added visual interest. Punch a hole through all the tags to insure an even placement. Make sure they are all positioned correctly, so they won't tear from the punch.
- Write 10 micro love letters, each enumerating a reason why you love your mom. Write down memories both from your childhood and the present time. You can also include tiny punched out pictures of you and your mom together from various times and stick them on the back of the tags.
- Journaling variations – 10 lessons you have taught me, 10 reasons why you are the greatest mom, 10 traits I have inherited from you, etc.
- Use a die cut shape as the cover for your mini-book and decorate it with letter stickers and a heart-shaped die-cut (suitable for a valentine...)
- Assemble all your journaling tags, the cover and the 4” by 2 1/2” piece of cardstock as the back cover, and attach them together with a jumbo brad.
- Give your mother the gift of love!
Creativity Prompt is a blog designed to boost your creativity with heaps of inspiration, journaling and creativity prompts, updated weekly. Check out the video tutorials on Creativity Prompt as well as the step-by-step instructions for creating loads of creative, fun and easy projects.