Metal Accented Themed Journal
Create a unique, metal-accented journal to remember a vacation or other special event from AMACO. Use metal wire to spell out the name of your destination.
- AMACO® ArtEmboss® Pure Metal Sheets — Aluminum, Light
- AMACO® ArtEmboss® Peel ‘n Stick Metal Accent Sheets — Design #1
- AMACO® WireForm® WireRod Modeling Wire — 1/16" Soft Aluminum
- AMACO® Rub ‘n Buff® — Ebony
- Posh Impressions Rainbow Ink — Metallic Blue
- Ready to Go Blank Board Books — CT Publishing
- Papers of Choice — Used here were: BasicGrey Phrilly, BasicGrey Phinicky
- Photo Mat Frame or Photo Mount of Choice to Cover
- Stylus (included with ArtEmboss®)
- Double Sided Tape
- Sandpaper — 100 Grit
- AMACO® WireForm® WireRod Modeling Wire – 3/16" Soft Aluminum
- AMACO® FunWireTM –— Clear/Silver, 22 Gauge
- Measure size of book and cover with paper of choice. Tear coordinating paper and place on bottom.
- Cut a strip from the Metal Accent Sheet and apply Rub ‘n Buff® with paper towel. Allow to dry slightly, then buff off some of the color. Peel off backing paper and apply strip over torn paper to cover.
- Scratch surface of ArtEmboss® Light Aluminum with sandpaper, going in all directions. Apply Rub ‘n Buff® to metal. Apply colored ink in same manner. Gently sand again to remove some of the color and highlight spots.
- Place metal upside down on flat surface. Place frame in center and trim to size. Notch corners. Fold all sides up. Cut a hole in center and press metal towards back. Add photo.
- Turn over. Use stylus to emboss any desired pattern such as the palm trees shown. Apply double stick tape to back. Remove backing and place onto front of journal as desired.
- Shape letters from 1/16" WireForm® WireRod Modeling Wire. Place on double stick tape. Hammer until somewhat flat. Cut tape out around letters if possible. Place letters where desired.
- Measure an 18" length of WireForm® WireRod Modeling Wire and cut. Coil both ends with pliers. Coil ends of remaining length. Find center point and create a loop. Secure easel back to loop by wrapping with FunWireTM. Wrap FunWireTM around easel back above the coil. Wrap opposite end around easel front of coil. Adjust easel to sit correctly and hold journal.