Create this great craft for the sports lovers in your life. It's a great way to keep organized with your notes and agendas for the day. This is a great DIY papercraft.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Ball, 3", one per memo holder
- Small ceramic magnets (baseball) or wooden clothespin (soccer)
- Smooth-finish paints for foam: white; black (soccer only)
- Red ballpoint pen (baseball only)
- Cardboard, 4" square
- Serrated knife
- Candle stub or paraffin
- Disposable palette
- Medium flat paintbrush
- Water basin
- Paper towels
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Thick, white craft glue
Note: Adult supervision is required; only an adult should cut foam with serrated knife.
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin; cut foam ball in half. Reserve one half for second memo clip.
- Refer to photo to lightly draw soccer ball pattern onto curved side of half-ball; each pentagon shape has 1-1/4" sides. Begin at center top and work down, alternating pattern placement. Firmly retrace pencil lines with dull pencil.
- Refer to photo to paint alternating pentagons black; let dry completely. Glue clothespin to center of cardboard square and soccer ball to top of clothespin.
- Firmly press foam ball against work surface to slightly flatten bottom; ball should stand up, not roll.
- Lightly draw a 3"-diameter circle in center of opposite sides of ball; retrace lines with dull pencil.
- Wax serrated knife with candle stub or paraffin; cut ball in half across center of circles. Paint each half-ball white; let dry completely. When dry, use red pen to redraw lines and to add stitching.
- Glue magnets to inside center of each half-ball, being sure to test direction of attraction to ensure proper magnet placement.
- Glue bottom of one half-ball to center of cardboard square. Place message between halves, secured by magnets.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.