Fill your personalized journal with joyful moments and memories!
- Blank book or journal with fabric cover
- Kreinik Iron-on #16 Braid in 6120 Pink, 6420 Sky Blue, 6010 Pearl, 6225 Gold, 6410 Confetti Pink, 6350 Green
- Household Iron or Mini Iron
- Kreinik Teflon Press Cloth
Note: Pattern may be traced onto book cover or used as a diagram for placement.
- Turn your iron onto the highest heat setting and allow it to heat thoroughly.
- Following pattern and beginning with top flower, make a swirl with gold iron-on thread. With pink iron-on thread, make 6 petal loops and iron on one by one. Repeat with bottom flower.
- With confetti pink iron-on thread, make butterfly body and iron in place. Use blue iron-on thread for heart-shaped wings.
- Using pearl iron-on thread, write "Joy" or desired name or phrase onto the center of the book. Press iron onto top, center and bottom of letters to hold, and then iron entire word.
- Using green iron-on thread, make leaves and stem.
Bookmark tassel (optional):
Note: you will need Darice Fimo Charms Butterflies (or similar butterfly charms)
- Cut a 40-inch length of pearl thread and fold in half (to be used as center holding cord).
- Cut an 80-inch length of each pink and blue thread. Fold in half with white thread in center. Tie an overhand knot with all threads about 1 1/2" down from loop. Attach to book by pulling threads through loop above knot.
- Using two strands of thread on each side, tie square knots until desired length (approximately 11 inches). Thread and tie butterflies onto bottom of braid about 1 inch apart. Tie at bottom and cut threads.
- Make a tassel from all the threads and tie onto top of braid.
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.