Inkabilities Oriental Style Card
By: Carolyn Summers for Posh Impressions
An embossed Oriental vase with a robin egg blue floral design stands out in this beautiful handmade card from Posh Impressions. Watercolors create the background behind this unique floral vase stamp.
- Vertical Inspirations JAPANESE set
- JOY LUCK set
- ProCraft gloves
- Luminous Metallic Inkabilities in Red, Blue, Teal and Silver
- Rainbow Inks in Christmas Tree Green and Black
- Compressed sponge
- Matte and glossy white cardstock
- White vellum
- Emerald green folded card
- Scrap of robin egg blue cardstock
- Black Brilliance ink pad
- VersaMark pad
- Black embossing powder
- Krylon gold leafing pen
- Pop dots
- Adhesive of choice
- Before you begin, put on the ProCraft gloves to protect your hands from the dye inks.
- Using a compressed sponge, apply red, teal and blue metallic inks on the edge and swipe in a semi circle pattern on a 4 inch by 2-3/4 inch sheet of white matte cardstock beginning at the top left. Let dry.
- Again using a compressed sponge, apply Christmas Tree green Rainbow ink applied to the edge and swipe the card prepared in Step l horizontally and vertically. (The interesting effect is the metallics seem to resist most of the Rainbow inks applied over the top.)
- Sponge Black Rainbow Ink over the entire card randomly using the flat side of your compressed sponge. When dry edge with a gold Krylon leafing pen and heat set.
- Using a glossy white card 5-1/4 by 4 inches, apply metallic silver ink randomly leaving some white space and edge with the gold Krylon leafing pen and heat set.
- On a small piece of vellum, stamp the Far East News image with black Brilliance ink and heat set. Then tear as shown and edge with the Brilliance black.
- Ink the vase image from the Japanese set with VersaMark and emboss with black embossing powder on a scrap of robin egg blue cardstock. Cut out vase and edge in gold.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!