By: Alyice Edrich for The Dabbling Mum
Say hello with this adorable papercraft. Send a Floral Postcard from Alyice Edrich to someone you love - it's a cheap and easy way to stay in touch.
- Art sand
- Acrylic paint: blue, green, brown, yellow
- 11 x 8.5 sheet of cardstock or acrylic paper
- Golden GAC 100
- Digital photo software, like Paint Shop Pro
- Printer ink
- Grab five basic colors of acrylic paint, some art sand, and an 11 x 8.5 sheet of paper.
- Paint the background a nice shade of light brown and let dry.
- Sketch three simple flowers onto the paper.
- Fill the flowers in with a base coat of color: blue, green, brown, and yellow and let dry.
- Grab some sand (the kind you buy at the craft store, not the kind you get at the beach) and sprinkle it around the painting.
- Take a clean brush and dip it into Golden GAC 100. Lightly brush it over the sand. The brush will pick up some of the sand; just pat back into place and let dry.
- Go over flowers with another coat of color.
- Scan the image into your computer.
- Play with the image in Paint Shop Pro until you get the desired effect. (I played with the contrast feature, added a picture frame, and then messed around with the texture effects.)
- Resize the image to 5.6x4.25 (just the perfect size for a postcard) and use the unsharp mask.
- In Paint Shop Pro, click on image, then resize. Next, unselect "lock aspect ratio" so that you can manipulate the size correctly. Then under "print size" insert the correct size.
- Print the postcard on cardstock.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!