This quick and easy project makes a great gift for kids to give on grandparent's day.
- Blank photo album (any brand)
- Word Stickers (Simple Scrapbooks)
- Cardstock: blue, green, mint, yellow
- Polka Dot paper (Scrappin' Creations Power Pad)
- McGill Craftivity Giant Flower Punch
- Kreinik 1/8" Ribbon 6450 Royal Blue
- Kreinik #16 Braid 6300 Meadow
- Teflon presscloth
- Glue stick
- First turn your iron on to it's highest setting and allow it to heat up. Then cut out your pieces. Cut one square of blue cardstock and thin strips of your Polka Dot paper and green cardstock to the same width as your square. Place your word stickers on your mint cardstock and cut them out. Punch three flower shapes from your yellow cardstock.
- Arrange your pieces on your blue square the way you want them, then begin gluing down your strips. When finished gluing, trim any corners that stick off the edges of your background.
- Next, use your iron to embellish between the strips with your Meadow braid. Lay your thread at a starting point, cover with the Teflon press cloth, then press for several seconds until the thread adheres. Then create a border for your square by ironing the royal blue ribbon around the edges.
- In the center of one of your yellow flowers, iron down one end of your royal blue ribbon. Make a loop and iron the other end of the loop to fix it on top of the first end. Continue until you have four loop "petals." Trim the end of your ribbon and add a small coil of Meadow Braid for your flower's center. Repeat this for your other two flowers.
- Center your blue background on your photo album cover and glue in place. Arrange your flowers and word stickers and glue them down. Your album is ready for pictures!
Kreinik threads available through needlework stores or www.kreinik.com.