Create a fun wall hanging for Dad this Father's Day that's a "Keeper of Dad Things." The cute sign is sure to get a chuckle whenever he sees it.
DecoArt Products Required
- DCP01 - Pinecone Brown
- DCP04 - Pine Green
- DCP05 - Honest Copper
- DCP07 - Geranium Red
- DCP09 - Deep Waterfall Blue
- DCP10 - Summer Sky Blue
- DCP11 - Pot O' Gold
- DCP12 - Concrete Grey
- DCP13 - Sprout Green
- DCP14 - Cloud White
- DCP15 - Daisy Cream
- DCP16 - Patio Brick
- DCP18 - Woodland Brown
- DCP19 - Antique Mum
- DCP20 - Sunflower Yellow
- DCP21 - Wrought Iron Black
- DCP23 - Light Eucalyptus Green
- DCP24 - Clear Coat
- Brushes by Loew-Cornell American Painter - Series 4400 1/4" & 1/2" Angular, Series 4550 1" Wash, Series 3 Round, Series 4350 0 Liner, Old Scruffy Brush
- Painting Supplies - Brush basin, palette, paper towels
- Other Materials & Supplies - Tracing & graphite paper, pencil, stylus, scotch tape, scissors, 3-1/2"-long stick, 4 black carpet tacks, 3 rusty nails, Spanish moss, 16-, 18- & 20-gauge wire, glue, sandpaper, 1/4" & 3/8" checker stencils
- 1/2" Pine
- 1/4" Birch
1. Cut "Keeper" sign from pine and remaining pieces from birch, using pattern for outlines.
2. Drill holes where indicated on pattern.
3. Transfer pattern.
1. Basecoat face and hands Antique Mum. Dry-brush on cheeks using Patio Brick. Dot eyes and mouth with stylus and add glasses with Wrought Iron Black.
2. Basecoat shirt Deep Waterfall Blue. Basecoat collar and pocket Light Waterfall Blue. Bow tie is Sprout Green with Pine Green center. Dot buttons with stylus using Wrought Iron Black. Shoes are Pinecone Brown.
3. Basecoat pants Pine Green. Use mini checker stencil to stencil checks with Sprout Green.
4. Pencils are Sunflower Yellow, erasers are Patio Brick with Concrete Grey bands.
1. Basecoat face, hands and legs Antique Mum. Drybrush cheeks with Patio Brick.
2. Basecoat pants and hat Summer Sky Blue and shirt Geranium Red. Basecoat socks and add lines to shirt with Cloud White. Basecoat shoes and dot mouth and eyes with Wrought Iron Black.
1. Basecoat outside edge Pine Green.
2. Basecoat inside section Daisy Cream, then stencil with 3/8" checks using Antique Mum.
1. Basecoat tool box Patio Brick. Basecoat hammer head Wrought Iron Black and wrench Concrete Grey. Basecoat paint brush bristles by adding Antique Mum to Clear-Tex. After applying, use toothpick to make lines for bristles.
2. Paint band on brush with Concrete Grey and stars Sunflower Yellow.
3. Basecoat fish's body Light Eucalyptus Green. Add stripes with Honest Copper and Pot O' Gold. Dot eye with Wrought Iron Black.
Note: Hammer, brush handles and bucket are not painted, only antiqued.
1. Add lettering and all lining with Wrought Iron Black. Sand all edges.
2. Antique all pieces using a mix of Woodland Brown and Clear Coat.
3. Glue Spanish moss hair to head.
4. Attach front piece of tool box with 2 carpet tacks at top. Use 2 nails for pegs and third nail to attach the little boy.
5. Drill hole in top of tool box for fishing pole. Attach handle to tool box with carpet tacks. Wire fish to fishing pole with 20-gauge wire.
6. Glue stars, hands and fishing pole in place. Add 16-gauge wire to bucket and hang it on a nail. Hang key on other nail.
7. Attach sign, using 18-gauge wire. Add 16-gauge wire hanger to sign and
jute bow to wire.