You can use the hot trend of tie-dye for something other than clothing! Create the look of tie-dye on this ceramic vase from I Love to Create with four bright underglazes. For another tie-dye home decor project, see the Tie-Dye Plate.
- Home Decor Bisque Designs
- 27172 Contempo Pillow Vase 8" x 4" x 6.75"
- Concepts® Underglazes for Bisque and Majolica
- CN 501 Neon Yellow
- CN 502 Neon Blue
- CN 504 Neon Orange
- CN 507 Neon Red
- Signature Brushes
- SB 806 No. 6 Round
- SB 807 No. 6 Fan Glaze
- pure brilliance™ Clear Glaze
- Plastic cups
- Lightly wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any bisque dust.
- Using the pencil, lightly sketch in seven wavy-shaped sections for colors on vase. Refer to photo.
- Pour an amount of Neon Blue into a plastic cup and thin with water to a creamy consistency. Pour inside vase and roll around until inside is completely coated. Pour out excess.
- Pour an amount of each color onto a piece of foil. Using the No. 6 Round, apply Neon Yellow to the middle section in loose, uneven strokes.
- Apply Neon Orange on both sides of Neon Yellow in the same manner, allowing colors to blend. Apply Neon Red next to the Neon Orange sections and Neon Blue next to the Neon Red sections, blending colors. Apply three coats of each, letting dry between coats.
- Pour an amount of the Pure Brilliance™ Clear Glaze into a plastic cup and thin with water to a creamy consistency; pour inside the vase. Roll the thinned glaze around, coating the inside and pour out the excess. Using the Fan Glaze brush, apply one flowing coat of Pure Brilliance™ to the outside of the vase.
- Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.