Get her ready for back to school right down to her toes with these canvas, pencil-themed shoes.
DecoArt Products Required
SoSoft Fabric Acrylics
- DSS2 - Antique Gold
- DSS24 - Lamp Black
- DSS25 - Christmas (Primary) Red
- DSS28 - Grey Sky
- DSS37 - Primary Yellow
- DSS44 - True Green
- DSS57 - Baby Pink Deep
- DBL1000-B - Liner 0
- DBR2003-B - Round 3
- DBF3008-B - Shader 8
- ⁄" wide ribbon (We used school theme 600403 by Ribbon FX.)
- Lo-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Flame lighter
- Foam plate
- Denim color canvas shoes
1. Remove laces from shoes.
2. Referring to photo, use 8 shader brush and True Green, Primary Yellow, and Christmas Red to paint 1" lines for pencils on shoe. Let dry.
3. Use round brush and Antique Gold to paint tapered ends of pencils, alternating placements of ends. Let dry.
4. Use shader brush and Baby Pink Deep to paint eraser ends of pencils. Let dry.
5. With shader brush and Grey Sky to paint metal section above eraser ends of pencils and let dry.
6. Use liner brush and Lamp Black to paint lead tips on pencils and scattered letters and numbers around pencil shapes. Let dry.
7.Cut two lengths of ribbon to match length of original laces. Place hot glue across of ends and roll ends of ribbons into tight coil. Use lighter to seal ends and prevent raveling by carefully singeing ends. Trim ends as needed and lace shoes with ribbons.