This great painted garden set from Delta Creative makes a sentimental gift for mom and a lovely inexpensive Mother's Day gift. With bright hues of pink and orange, use your painting skills to make a memorable gift for your favorite gardener or yourself!
- Delta Creative Ceramcoat Acrylic Paint:
- Pop Pink 2646
- Black Cherry 2538
- Poppy Orange 2555
- White 2505
- OJ 2649
- Maroon 2075
- Think Pink 2658
- Black 206
- Bamboo 2657
- Delta Creative Ceramcoat Metal Primer
- Delta Creative Ceramcoat Satin Exterior/Interior Varnish
- Surfaces- available at Michaels
- Galvanized Tin Watering Can
- Galvanized Tin Bucket
- Loew-Cornell La Cornellie Brushes (www.loew-cornell.com)
- Liner Series 7350 Size #1
- Wash Series 7550 1”
- Filbert Series 7500C #8
- Shader Series 7300 Size #12
- Brush Tub
- Black graphite transfer paper
- Tracing paper
- Palette Paper
- Paper towel
Click here to download pattern.
- Apply even coat Metal Primer to all pieces 1” wash brush, Allow to dry.
- Basecoat Chocolate Cherry areas using 1” wash brush referring to color picture. Do wandering Pop Pink line on all dark areas using #1 liner. There is no right or wrong to this line just set your brush down and let it wander!
- Lay tracing paper over pattern. Trace all lines. Lay tracing on surface, tape top and one side. Slide graphite paper between tracing and surface, draw over all lines.
- Apply pattern.
- Basecoat flower petals Pop Pink using #8 filbert. Float shadows Maroon using 1” wash brush. Streak highlights from tip of petal pulling towards center of flower in Think Pink using #8 filbert.
- Basecoat center of flower and butterfly wings OJ using #12 shader. Float shadows Poppy Orange using same brush. Float highlights White plus touch of OJ using same brush. Do all Black on butterfly using #1 liner.
- Using #1 liner outline flower petals, butterfly wings and do tole strokes in butterfly wings White. Using stylus do dots around center of flower and on butterfly wings White.
- Basecoat Bamboo and Pop Pink areas referring to color picture using appropriate sized brush.
- Using #6 shader stripe bamboo areas in OJ. Using #1 liner fill in between with Pop Pink. Using #1 liner do White stripes on side of each color.
- Apply as many coats of Satin Varnish as desired using 1” wash brush.
For more great garden crafts, click here for our garden crafts eBook!