Create a triptych of painted tiles with a trio of textured paints in warm colors.
DecoArt Products Required
- TXC02 - Neutral
- TXC03 - Yellow Ochre
Texture Terra Cotta
- TXF08 - Green Gold
- TXF09 - Gold
- DAO8 - Yellow Ochre
- DAO64 - Burnt Umber
Elegant Finish Glazes
- DGM01 - Renaissance Brown
- DGM03 - Medieval Gold
- TXFP07 - Texture Primer/Sealer
Faux Glazing Medium
- DS18 - Faux Glazing Medium
- 1" painter's tape
- Scroll or leaf stencils of your choice
- Baby wipes or soft cloth
- Water container
- Paper towels
- Palette or plastic plates
- 0" x 30" canvas
- Prime canvas with Texture Primer/Sealer.
- Paint sides of canvas Americana Acrylic Yellow Ochre.
- Use palette knife to apply Yellow Ochre Texture Crackle over canvas face.
- Mask off 1" border around all edges with painter's tape. Divide and tape off three equal-sized squares.
- Use palette knife to apply Grand Canyon Terra Cotta Texture inside left square and Neutral Texture Crackle randomly in middle square.
- Position and secure scroll stencil in left square. Use palette knife to apply Neutral Crackle in open stencil areas. Lift stencil carefully and remove. Repeat design if desired, allowing Crackle to dry between applications.
- Repeat stencil instructions using Green Gold Texture Fierro in middle square and Gold Texture Fierro in right square.
- Scrub small amount of Texture Terra Cotta randomly on right square.
- Apply Renaissance Brown Elegant Glaze over left square and wipe back immediately. Repeat technique with Medieval Gold on middle and right squares. Carefully remove tape.
- Mix equal parts water and Faux Glazing Medium on palette. Add small amount of Burnt Umber. Use mix to shade around squares and add stencil elements on right square, if desired.
- When completely dry, brush on Texture Primer/Sealer or mist with Americana Matte Spray Sealer. Allow to dry between coats.
Allow to dry between steps.