DecoArt Products Required
Americana Gloss Enamels
- DAG01 - White --- NEW!!
- DAG34 - Lavender --- NEW!!
- DAG36 - True Blue --- NEW!!
- DAG67 - Black --- NEW!!
- DAG227 - Bright Yellow --- NEW!!
- DAG230 - Festive Green --- NEW!!
- DAG265 - Tuscan Red --- NEW!!
- DBL1580-B - Script Liner 10/0
- DBF3012-B - Shader 12
- DBF3506-B - Chisel Blender 6
- Medium round sponge pouncer
- Small round sponge pouncer
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- Alcohol, optional
- Painter's tape, optional
- Square glass vase
Preparation: Wash glass surface in warm soapy water. Rinse and dry well before painting.
1. Use 12 shader brush and desired colors to paint vertical sections with wavy line separating every other section. Let dry between coats.
2. Use 6 flat brush and Black to paint wavy borders. Paint checks down each corner and across rim.
3. Use brush handle end and White to dot wavy borders.
4. Use largest pouncer and Festive Green to stamp dots on Bright Yellow section.
5. Use smaller pouncer and Tuscan Red to stamp dots inside Festive Green dots.
6. Use script liner brush and Black to write "fiesta," repeating along True Blue section. Embellish between words with Bright Yellow swirls. Add Tuscan Red dots.
7. Use liner brush and Bright Yellow to paint small flowers on Lavender sections. Dot flower centers with Tuscan Red.
8. Let dry 24-48 hours. (See below for baking instructions for added durability.)
- You can also prepare the vase for painting by wiping its surface with alcohol and letting it dry before painting.
- To heat set, let dry 48 hours. Place in cold oven; set temperature at 325 degrees; bake 30 minutes; turn off oven and crack open door. Allow project to cool down before removing.