This wearable craft is great for going out places. Carry your tote bag around with style. Get a plain bag and decorate it with paints and designs.
- DecoArt Products Required
- Dazzling Metallics
- Americana Acrylics
- DAO1 - Snow (Titanium) White
- DAO3 - Buttermilk
- DAO67 - Lamp (Ebony) Black
- Americana Multi-Purpose Sealer
- DS17 - Multi-Purpose Sealer
- Brown canvas tote (14" x 13.5" x 3"), Blumenthal Craft # 2020496
- Foam plate
- Masking tape
- 3/4" flat brush
- #8 shader brush
- #3 round brush
- 24 1" x 1/8" wood circles, Darice Craftwood #9147-25
- Sharpie fine point black permanent marker
- Use ruler and masking tape to block off 12" square on front of tote.
- Use shader brush and Lamp Black to paint half of wooden circle "checkers". Paint remaining half of "checkers" Glorious Gold. Let all dry.
- Using large flat brush, apply Glorious Gold inside border of square area about 1 1/2" wide. (Brush away from tape towards center of tote to avoid paint seepage under tape.) Let dry.
- Remove tape and replace with tape border 1" from edge, exposing only 10" square to be painted.
- Use large flat brush and Snow White to paint 10" square; let dry after each coat. Remove tape.
- Use pencil and ruler to mark gridlines over square, placing lines 1 1/4" apart. (This will create checkerboard with 64 squares.)
- Use shader brush and Buttermilk to paint alternate squares of grid; let dry.
- Being careful not to extend over edges of each square, use round brush and Glorious Gold to make irregular spots on Buttermilk squares; let dry. (Refer to photo for spacing.)
- Use round brush and Lamp Black to paint three uneven splotches around and over edge of each spot; let dry.
- Use round brush and Lamp Black to paint zebra stripe pattern over Snow White squares; let dry.
- Use permanent marker to trace over grid lines.
- Apply Multi-Purpose Sealer over painted area of tote and all wooden checkers; let dry.
As a precaution, place piece of waxed paper inside of tote to prevent paint from soaking through to back side.