Hand-painted treasure boxes are the perfect gifts and table favors for a pirate-themed party.
DecoArt Products Required
Laurie Speltz's Instant Images
- IIT01 - 3/4 in. Flat Brush
- IIT04 - 4 Flat Brush
- IIT05 - 1 Short Liner Brush
- IIT06 - 3/8 in. Duo Tool
- IIT07 - 1/4 in. Duo Tool
- IIP09 - Pirate Adventure Pocket Template
- DAO1 - Snow (Titanium) White
- DAO64 - Burnt Umber
- DAO67 - Lamp (Ebony) Black
- DA143 - True Ochre
- DA170 - Santa Red
- DA242 - Fawn
- Gold wire
- Black permanent ink pen
- Wooden chest
- Using 3/4" flat brush, base entire box with Fawn. Spatter with Burnt Umber and then with Snow White. Base trim with Burnt Umber and 4 flat brush.
- Pounce or shade edges and sections of box with Burnt Umber. Add Xs around box with Burnt Umber.
- Add gold dots with True Ochre.
- Skulls are based with Snow White. Dry brush shading using Lamp Black. Add faces and details with Lamp Black.
- Pirate hats are based with Lamp Black. Add trims with Snow White and/or Santa Red as desired. Add small skulls to hat and details with Lamp Black.
- Bandana is based with Santa Red. Pounce a little Lamp Black for shading on edge of shapes. Dots are Lamp Black and Snow White.
- Words around box are done with Lamp Black.
- Add fine details with permanent ink pen.
- Curl wire and attach to box. Adhere buttons as desired.
Refer to template and tool packages for additional information on template and tool usage and techniques.