There's nothing plain about this wooden garden tool caddy and terra cotta pots. A simple painting project spruces up your outdoor hobby.
DecoArt Products Required
- DCP14 - Cloud White
- DCP28 - Fiesta Yellow
- DCP41 - Carnation Pink
- DCP52 - Pumpkin
- DCP54 - Wild Rose Pink
- DCP55 - Robin's Egg Blue
- DCP56 - Bright Lime Green
- DBL1580-B - Script Liner 10/0
- DBR2004-B - Round 4
- DBF2575-B - Flat 3/4"
- Water container
- Paper towels
- Palette or foam plate
- Tracing and transfer paper
- Fine sandpaper
- Tack cloth
- Compressed sponge
- 1 each: 51/2"-diameter & 4"-diameter terra cotta rose pot
- wood tote box with handle
1. Sand wood tote and wipe down with tack cloth.
2. Adjust patterns to fit surfaces.
3. Cut circle shapes from sponge for polka dots. Dip sponge circles in water and squeeze out excess moisture in a paper towel.
1. Use 3/4" brush to paint tote ends Fiesta Yellow, sides Bright Lime Green, inside bottom Wild Rose Pink, and handle Pumpkin. Let dry.
2. Trace and transfer flower pattern.
3. With 4 round brush. paint flowers Wild Rose Pink and flower centers Robin's Egg Blue. Use liner brush and Cloud White to outline flower edge. Let dry.
4. Paint polka dots on ends of tote using sponge and Pumpkin. Let dry.
Large Rose Pot:
1.Use 3/4" brush and Robin's Egg Blue to paint inside and rim; paint outside Wild Rose Pink. Let dry.
2. Use sponge and Carnation Pink to randomly apply polka dots.
Small Rose Pot:
1. Paint inside and rim Carnation Pink and outside Robin's Egg Blue. Let dry.
2. Use 12 shader brush and Wild Rose Pink to stripe rim of pot. Let dry.
3. Use 4 round brush and Bright Lime Green to paint swirls randomly around pot. Let dry.