Brighten a photo frame with spring daisies painted in acrylic paint; project and pattern designed by Henny Long, Helping Artist.
DecoArt Products Required
- DAO1 - Snow (Titanium) White
- DAO10 - Cadmium Yellow (transparent)
- DAO36 - True Blue
- DAO63 - Burnt Sienna
- DAO67 - Lamp (Ebony) Black
- DA132 - Hauser Medium Green
- DA133 - Hauser Dark Green
- DA157 - Black Green
- DA199 - Primary Red
- DA263 - Splendid Gold --- NEW!!
- DBL1580-B - Script Liner 10/0
- DBFB4506-B - Filbert 6
- DS17 - Multi-Purpose Sealer
Americana Spray Sealers
- DAS13 - Americana Matte Spray
- Fine grit sandpaper
- 4 flat brush
- 1" flat brush
- Water container
- Palette or plastic plate
- Paper towels
- 3.5" x 3.5" memory frame, Michael's
- Pattern here
Preparation: Sand surface and wipe with paper towel to remove dust.
1. Using 1" flat brush, apply Multi-Purpose Sealer to frame. Let dry and sand surface.
2. Basecoat frame Black Green using 1" flat brush. Let dry. Basecoat Black Green again. Tape off outer edges and paint Splendid Gold.
3. Basecoat all leaves Hauser Medium Green and shade with Hauser Dark Green. Highlight with Snow White/True Blue mix.
4. Basecoat centers Cadmium Yellow. Apply crescent of Burnt Sienna shading along lower edge. Float U stroke with Burnt Sienna half-way up center.
5. Use filbert brush and Snow White to make two strokes per daisy petal, one along each side of petal edge.
6. Apply pollen dots around daisy center with Snow White, Lamp Black, and Primary Red. Place some pollen dots on flower petals and centers.
7. Basecoat berries Primary Red and shade lower edge with Lamp Black. Paint Snow White dot for highlight. Let dry.
8. Mist frame with Americana Matte Spray. Allow to dry between coats.