Whether you’re just home from an exotic trip or just dream about going on safari, this animal print technique from Krylon will bring the call of the wild to your home.
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Khaki (#52504)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Equestrian (#53553)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Black (#51601)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Leather Brown (#52501)
- Krylon Premium Metallic - 18 KT. Gold Plate (#1000)
- Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic - Clear (#1303)
- Wood Frame or Project of your choice
- Small sea sponge
- Disposable rubber gloves
- Disposable plastic tub
- When working with unfinished wood, prepare your surface by sanding smooth and wiping clean with a tack cloth. Apply a primer to seal the surface.
- When working with bare metal, be sure surface is free of rust and oil. Apply a primer to seal the surface.
- When working with plastic, glass or ceramic, lightly sand surface with fine grain sandpaper and wipe clean with a tack cloth. This will help the paint to adhere better to these smooth surfaces. Apply a primer to further improve adhesion.
- Place frame on newspaper to protect work area.
- Spray one light coat of Khaki on frame front and sides, following manufacturer's instructions.
- Spray one light coat of Equestrian in wide stripes, diagonally across frame.
- Mist entire frame lightly with 18 KT. Gold Plate. Let dry.
- Cut sea sponge to create cluster of spots to resemble small leopard spots. Lightly dampen sponge with water to soften. Wearing rubber gloves, spray Glossy Black into disposable plastic tub to form a puddle of paint. Dip sponge into paint and dab spots onto frame front and sides. Let dry.
- Cut sea sponge to create small spot for center of spot clusters. Spray Leather Brown into disposable plastic tub to form a puddle of paint. Dip sponge into paint and dab into center of each black spotted cluster. Let dry thoroughly.
- For added protection of your finished project, spray several light coats of Krylon® Crystal Clear as a final step. For projects that will be used outdoors or near a window, use Krylon® UV-Resistant Clear.
For more project ideas, please visit www.krylon.com/projects.