These weathered terra cotta plaques from Krylon are perfect outside on a garden wall or inside in a sunny dining area.
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Georgia Clay (#53531)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Paint - Flat White (#51502)
- Krylon Indoor/Outdoor Primer - Ruddy Brown (#51317)
- Krylon Matte Finish - Clear Matte (#1311)
- Decorative Resin Plaques or Project of your choice
- Small sea sponge
- Spray bottle of water
- Disposable rubber gloves
- Disposable plastic tub
- Place plaques on newspaper to protect work area.
- Spray one coat of Ruddy Brown Primer on front, back and sides of project, following manufacturer’s instructions. Let dry.
- Spray entire project with Georgia Clay, following manufacturer's instructions. Let dry.
- Spray light mist of water over entire plaque. Dampen sponge.
- Wearing rubber gloves, spray Flat White into disposable plastic tub to form a puddle of paint. Dip sponge lightly into paint. Wipe off any excess on newspaper or scrap paper. Dab lightly and evenly on entire project.
- Lightly spray a fine mist of Georgia Clay. Let dry.
- Spray Flat White into disposable plastic tub to form another puddle of paint. Dip sponge lightly into paint, wipe off excess and dab highlights on project. Let dry thoroughly.
- For added protection of your finished project, spray several light coats of Krylon® Matte Finish as a final step. For projects that will be used outdoors or near a window, use Krylon® UV-Resistant Matte Finish.
Notes on surface preperation:
- When working with unfinished wood, prepare your surface by sanding smooth and wiping clean with a tack cloth. Apply a primer to seal the surface.
- When working with bare metal, be sure surface is free of rust and oil. Apply a primer to seal the surface.
- When working with plastic, glass or ceramic, lightly sand surface with fine grain sandpaper and wipe clean with a tack cloth. This will help the paint to adhere better to these smooth surfaces. Apply a primer to further improve adhesion.