Colorful Circle Inlay Box
By: Janet Wilhelm for Walnut Hollow
Use bright paints to decorate a unique wood circle inlay box. Create the dotted stripe with tape and the wood end of a paint brush. Use for storage or give as a gift.
- Walnut Hollow® #26951 Circle Inlay Box
- Delta Ceramcoat: Bittersweet Orange, White, Paradise, Apple Green, Sunbright Yellow
- Other Supplies: brushes: 1 small round, 1 small flat, 1 medium flat; paper towel, sandpaper, spray varnish, 3M magic tape
- To prepare box for painting, use sandpaper to lightly sand entire wood surface. Remove dust with paper towel.
- Use medium flat brush to apply Paradise paint to the bottom portion of box. Let dry and apply second coat. Use medium flat brush to apply Sunbright Yellow paint to lid of box except for indented top. Let dry and apply second coat. Use small flat brush to apply White paint to indented portion of lid. Let dry and apply second coat.
- Use small round brush to apply Bittersweet Orange, Apple Green, and Paradise to circle designs. Refer to photo for paint ideas.
- Use tape to tape off a ½” strip on bottom portion of box. Use small flat brush to apply White paint inside taped area. Let dry and apply second coat if necessary. Remove tape. Let dry.
- Use wooden end of paint brush to apply Paradise dots to white strip. Dip end into paint and lightly touch brush end onto strip and lift. Place a dot approximately every ½”. Let dry.
- Apply 2-3 coats of spray varnish for a protective finish. Let dry.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!