Give that future major leaguer a chair of his own with a little paint and creativity.
DecoArt Products Required
- DAO1 - Snow (Titanium) White
- DAO10 - Cadmium Yellow (transparent)
- DAO67 - Lamp (Ebony) Black
- DA265 - Tuscan Red
Americana Spray Sealers
- DAS12 - Americana Gloss Spray
- 1 in. flat brush
- 1/4in. flat brush
- Aleene's Quick-Dry Tacky Glue
- 12" x 12" sheet of thick scrapbook paper (We used Frances Meyer, 5006-687, baseball print.)
- Unfinished wood star (approx. 8 1/4" wide), Lara's Crafts, item P20965
- Lo-temp glue gun
- Hair dryer with low heat setting
- Unfinished wood chair by Dixie Seating
It may be necessary to lightly sand rough areas of wood for smoother application of paint.
1. Refer to photo for placement. Paint back slats of chair Snow White and let dry.
2. Paint posts and rungs of chair Tuscan Red; let dry.
3. Paint chair seat Lamp Black and let dry.
4. Paint star Cadmium Yellow. Let dry.
5. Use round brush and Lamp Black to paint words on star; let dry.
6. Cut four 2" x 9 1/4" strips from scrapbook paper. Paint back of paper strip with even coat of tacky glue and attach to back slat of chair, smoothing out wrinkles of paper. Repeat to cover each side of back chair slats, using hair dryer on low heat setting to speed drying process and avoid wrinkles.
7. Refer to photo for placement and use lo-temp glue to attach star to back slats of chair.
8. Spray light coat of Americana Gloss Spray over chair and let dry.
Use your own theme and colors, but paint back slats in color to blend with paper used.