Looking for inspiration for jungle-themed kids decor? This adorable zebra offers big visual impact for minimal painting effort. Though we painted the background a soft green, you can change the color to match your room.
- DecoArt Americana Acrylics
- DAO1 - Snow (Titanium) White
- DAO67 - Lamp (Ebony) Black
- DA114 - Light Cinnamon
- DA250 - Bubblegum Pink
- DA275 - Sour Apple
- DecoArt Foam Paint, FP09 - Black
- DecoArt Americana Gloss Spray Sealer, DAS12
- 11" x 14" wrapped canvas
- #6 round and 3/4" flat brushes
- Foam plate
- Transfer paper
- Transfer pattern onto canvas.
- Use flat brush and equal mixture of Snow White and Sour Apple to paint background of canvas; let dry.
- Paint following areas with colors as listed, then let dry: zebra, Snow White; inner ears, Bubblegum Pink.
- Refer to photo and use round brush and Lamp Black to paint outer ears and stripe pattern on zebra. Let dry.
- Thin Light Cinnamon with water and use flat brush to paint shading in inner ear and around edge of zebra neck and head, with darkest paint mixture along edges and fading inward by blending with wet brush. Let dry.
- Refer to photo and use Black Foam Paint to paint nostril, dot for eye, and uneven lines for hair; let dry.
- Spray canvas with Americana Gloss Spray Sealer and let dry.