High contrast black and white wall art is so quick and easy to make but that can be your little secret! This quick and easy painting from Delta Creative is a funky and fresh design that will look great in your home - this is an easy beginner painting project.
- White paint
- Black paint
- Delta Creative Ceramcoat Satin Exterior/Interior Varnish 7003
- Three 10”x10” canvases
- Paint brushes:
- La-Corneille Golden Taklon
- Series 7300 Shader #8
- Series 7050 Script Liner #1
- Series 7350 1” Wash Brush
- Palette paper
- Water container
- Tracing paper
- White and black transfer paper
- Paper Towel
Click Here To Download Pattern.
- Using the 1” wash brush basecoat two of the canvas in Black and one in White.
- Lay tracing paper over pattern and trace all lines except those used to denote shadows. The shadow lines are generally short straight lines and several of them. Main lines are where there are color changes. Detail lines are facial features, patterns on fabric, and etc. Lay tracing on surface and tape at top and on one side. Slide graphite paper between tracing and surface with the dark side down; draw over the main lines only. Do not add the detail lines these will be applied after the basecoating is done.
- Apply pattern using white transfer paper on black canvas and black transfer paper on white canvas.
- Using the #8 shader basecoat all of the cattails and leaves using white on black and black on white.
- Using the #1 liner basecoat all of the stems using white on black and black on white.
- Apply as many coats of Satin Exterior/Interior Varnish as desired using the 1” wash brush.