By: Designed and Decorated by Cheryl Ball for ilovetocreate.com
Have a blast with this colorful superpowered kite from I Love to Create that will make anyone feel like a superhero!
- Aleene’s® Fast Grab™ Tacky Spray®
- Assorted tissue paper
- Cardstock paper
- Plastic tablecloth
- Paper towels
- Bamboo chopsticks or skewers
- ¼” Brads, matching colors
- Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth.
- Place kite on work surface. Fold plastic center divider over to one side then cover plastic divider and entire side of kite it is laying on with paper towels.
- Cover kite with bright blue tissue paper. Spray uncovered side with an even coat of Fast Grab™ Tacky Spray™ following label instructions. Place a sheet of tissue paper, with straight edge along center spine of kite, over sprayed surface and smooth with fingers. Tear smaller sections of tissue paper to fit remainder of side, making sure entire surface is covered.
- Remove paper towels from covered side, flip over plastic center section and cover plastic center and tissue paper side with paper towels. Repeat step to cover remaining side with tissue.
- Carefully peel kite from tablecloth then use scissors to trim excess tissue paper from around kite.
- Trace and cut out wording and designs from colored paper then spray and press in place onto top of kite as shown. Place several layers of newspaper on work surface. Place smaller cutouts on newspaper and hold in place with skewer to keep from flying away. Spray piece with adhesive then press in place.
- Trace and cut kite tail from red cardstock, spray and glue sections together.
- Place tail where shown, overlapping about 2” underneath body of kite. Use pushpin to make hole through both layers then insert brad into hole, pressing tines apart to hold in place. Connect in place with two brads on each side of spine.
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!