Snowman ornaments can glisten your home in no time. All you need to do is follow Rebekah's steps.
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam:
- Balls: 3"; 2-1/2"; 2"
- Sheet, scrap
- Textured artificial snow paint
- Wool felt: red; black
- Wool fiber: natural; orange; red
- Red check cotton fabric scrap
- Beads: 2mm black, seven; small cream
- Mini shovel
- Fine iridescent glitter
- Cosmetic blush
- Compass or circle template, 1-1/2"
- Round wooden toothpicks, two
- Paper towels
- Needlefelting tool
- Sewing needle and thread: button; linen
- Straight pins (optional)
- Low-temp glue gun and glue sticks
- Fabric glue or thick, white craft glue
Note: Felting needles are extremely sharp; use caution. Follow manufacturer's instructions.
- Join foam balls together, smallest to largest, using toothpicks dipped in white glue. Spot glue balls together for added strength.
- Place small amount of natural wool fiber against smallest ball and attach to surface using felting needle; follow manufacturer instructions to ensure safety. Continue felting fiber to foam until completely covered.
- To create arms, roll two 1/2" x 2-1/2" logs from natural wool fiber and gently felt each arm to slightly compact fibers; place fiber on scrap foam before felting. Bend arms around snowman body as shown and gently felt ends to foam. If desired, insert straight pins through shoulders into foam for added strength.
- Dip end of shovel into snow paint; let dry completely. Carefully place shovel in arm as shown; spot glue to secure.
- Roll three small balls from red wool fiber and felt to foam for buttons. Tie cotton fabric scrap around neck for scarf.
- Roll small orange cone from wool fiber and gently felt fibers together on scrap foam. Glue nose to face with fabric glue. Use fingertip to blush cheeks. Glue black beads to face for eyes and mouth.
- Cut 1-1/2" x 8" strip from red wool felt and roll into cylinder shape; glue end to secure. Glue scrap of red wool felt to top of hat and let dry; trim excess.
- Cut 1-1/2" circle from red wool felt and glue to bottom of hat for brim; hot glue hat to head.
- Cut 1/4" x 4" strip from black wool felt. Use button thread to sew gathering stitch along one long edge; pull thread ends to gather tightly and knot together to create circle. Hot glue cream bead to center and glue circle to front of hat.
- Thread needle with linen thread and stitch through top of hat for hanger; knot ends. Sprinkle snowman with glitter; shake off excess.
®™ Trademark of The Dow Chemical Company ("Dow") or an affiliated company of Dow. For more project ideas, please see styrofoamstyle.com.