Terra cotta pots become one-of-a-kind holiday ornaments looking like sweet, iced cupcakes. If you would like a change from traditional Christmas decorations, why not decorate your tree with a favorite sweet treat?
DecoArt Products Required
- DCP34 - Larkspur Blue
- DCP42 - Fuchsia
- DCP43 - Holly Berry Red
- DCP46 - Mistletoe Green
- DAS37 - Glamour Dust Crystal
- 2 1/2" Styrofoam balls
- #8 flat brush
- 24" piece of 1/8" ribbon
- 5/16" x 8" wood dowel
- Wood ball bead
- Assorted micro beads
- Low-temp hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Small T-pin
- Two 2 standard terra cotta pots
Let dry between steps.
- Basecoat one pot, Larkspur Blue; one pot, Fuchsia; and ball bead, Holly Berry Red.
- Use #8 flat brush and Mistletoe Green to stripe Larkspur Blue pot and Holly Berry Red to stripe Fuchsia pot.
- Use brush handle or dowel to push two holes side by side in center of one Styrofoam ball.
- Cut 12" piece of ribbon. Thread ribbon ends through holes and knot ends together. Apply glue inside Fuchsia pot edges and press Styrofoam ball into pot centering ribbon loop at top.
- Cut second 12" piece of ribbon. Form loop and secure to Styrofoam ball with T-pin. Apply glue inside Larkspur Blue pot and press ball into glue allowing loop to hang over side.
- Use palette knife to apply Snow-Tex over Styrofoam balls and pot rims to resemble frosting. While wet, sprinkle with Glamour Dust. Sprinkle Larkspur Blue pot with micro beads.
- Thread ball bead on ribbon for Fuchsia pot and push down into wet Snow-Tex to secure.