Get the look of a snowy town in this glass ornament. In ten steps you can have this beautiful piece of art from Etchworld Armour for your tree. It can also be used as a decoration or given as a gift.
- 29-2501 Diamond shape-flat glass ornament
- 20-0380 Rub N Etch stencil “Winter Wonderland”
- 31-0401 Contact vinyl –approx 3”x3”
- 15-0150 Armour Etch Cream
- 61-3329 - Silver Rub N Buff or color of your choice (optional)
- Tiny clear rhinestones & glass glue (optional)
- Ribbon for hanger
- Square piece of thin white paper or tissue about 4”x4” (for tracing)
- Cotton swab (for Rub N Buff)
- 08-9415 masking tape
- 08-9777 scissors
- Sponge brush
- Paper towels
- Tweezers or toothpick w/dried white glue tip (for picking up rhinestones)
- Clean ornament with hot, soapy water or glass cleaner and dry well
- Cut out one of the stencils along with the frosted paper backing from the Rub N Etch sheet and place glossy side up under the 4”x4” piece of paper keeping the frosted paper held underneath to protect the dull side of the stencil from the table while tracing.
- Lightly trace a line on the paper about ¼” outside the oval band showing thru the paper surrounding the church scene. Cut out oval (not stencil) from the paper. This is your template
- Place paper template on contact vinyl and trace around the edge, then cut out vinyl with scissors.
- Peel off backing on vinyl oval and center in the middle of diamond ornament and rub down, securing edges
- Apply Etch cream on face of diamond around vinyl oval, patting randomly. Do not apply cream on like your painting (straight strokes), it will come out streaky and blotchy. Instead, pat the cream around randomly with the sponge brush until completely covered.
- Rinse off all Etch Cream after about 2 minutes and remove vinyl oval. Dry ornament thoroughly. You will have a clear oval surrounded by frosted glass.
- Center church stencil in the middle of the clear oval and hold down with a few small pieces of masking tape. Following package directions, rub down stencil, mask off and etch design.
- Optional directions: Place a small dab of silver Rub N Buff (or color of your choice) on the end of a cotton swab and apply to oval ring around scene. Buff careful with piece of paper towel keeping Rub N Buff on the oval line
- Optional directions: Place dots of glass glue on some of the snowflakes using the clean end of a toothpick. Apply tiny rhinestones on glue dots with either tweezers or the glued end of a toothpick